Latest post Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:47 AM by Alireza Vasefi. 165 replies.
Page 8 of 12 (166 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 23 2013 10:51 AM In reply to

• switthaus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Cobbs Creek, VA
    • Posts 2,254
    • Points 30,475

Re: ** Media Composer v7.0 ANNOUNCED **

Larry Rubin:

To the best of my knowledge, no. Background processes for MC 7 are solely for consolidating, transcoding and copying.

Still, background transcoding will be a huge timesaver.  Looking forward to that!

Scott Witthaus

Owner/Editor/Post Production Supervisor 1708 Editorial

http://vimeopro.com/1708editorial/1708-editorial

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 2:51 AM In reply to

a follow-up on FrameFlex. Does this apply to still images, thus a more direct and improved AvidP&Z ?  Smile

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

Ervz Tia | Video Productions
    WM Communications, Asia-Pacific | Philippines

--

Filed under: , ,
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:16 AM In reply to

Ervz Tia (Tikboy):
    Does this apply to still images
    Yes I believe so.

Ervz Tia (Tikboy):
    a more direct and improved AvidP&Z ? 
    That remains to be seen.... However I have always had a lot of success with both Avid's and BCC's Pan and Zoom so it would have to be REALLY good Big Smile

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:04 AM In reply to

Or maybe even a slight item change

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

Ervz Tia | Video Productions
    WM Communications, Asia-Pacific | Philippines

--

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:29 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Ervz Tia (Tikboy):

Or maybe even a slight item change

This could be a long post, not MC 7 related at all but you are of course aware of that :

1: Neither Avid Pan&Zoom nor Frameflex uses that import command, they just link to the origin image so what settings that are used in the import setting options have no affect at all on the final result.

2: Keeping the origin size when importing is just what that command " do not resize " above your own new command does so your own new button actually does the same thing.

Or maybe you meant it to work in a different way that I don´t understand, sorry for that if so . 

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:02 PM In reply to

mjolnarn:
    2: Keeping the origin size when importing is just what that command " do not resize " above your own new command does so your own new button actually does the same thing.

However, that will still downsize any file to your project size.  I think Tikboy would like the images imported at their native size.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:58 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Kevin Klimek:

mjolnarn:

However, that will still downsize any file to your project size.  I think Tikboy would like the images imported at their native size.

Maybe, if so that´s a long standing feature request that earlier was solved by using Avid Fx.

MC 7 seems to introduce even more and new workflows ..

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:40 AM In reply to

Hi,

I've paid for and downloaded the upgrade to SN 6.5 from 6.0 via the AVID store.  On the 'your products' page it tells me that V7.0 will appear in my account when it becomes available.  This may be a dumb question but does that mean that my upgrade has been registered or do I still have to do that?  I have a dongle setup and while I hope to have time to install 6.5 before 7.0 becomes available I might be too busy, in which case where do I register the software to ensure I get a 7.0 activation code?

Many thanks.

• Wed, Jun 12 2013 6:55 AM In reply to

• jdrouette
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 381
    • Points 4,975

http://www.avid.com/us/support/register/video

Avid Media Composer 2018.12.5 Symphony option, Avid Artist DNxID on macOS 10.14.3, iMac Pro (2017) 10-Core, 3.0GHz Intel Xeon W, Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:39 PM In reply to

• xtreaming
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 12 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Hello,

I need your help ;-)

I own MC 6.5 bought some months ago, but since I have another upgrade 6.0 to 6.5 Activation ID code, may I use it over my actual system using the same System ID, and then get the update to MC 7 free?

Best regards and thanks for support

Nuno

• Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:36 PM In reply to

I think I understand your question, the answer is no. The upgrade code must have been bought recently (when Avid MC 7 was announced, no earlier than that).

xtreaming:

Hello,

I need your help ;-)

I own MC 6.5 bought some months ago, but since I have another upgrade 6.0 to 6.5 Activation ID code, may I use it over my actual system using the same System ID, and then get the update to MC 7 free?

Best regards and thanks for support

Nuno

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:50 PM In reply to

• xtreaming
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 12 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Thanks for your answer.

The Activation code was bought after MC 7 was announced...

I want to use that code on a system that has already a 6.5 upgrade....

This way, I just want to "burn" the activation ID to get access to MC7

• Wed, Jun 19 2013 7:37 PM In reply to

• Rick Rose
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 30 2011
    • Toronto, ON, Canada
    • Posts 61
    • Points 755

switthaus:

Still, background transcoding will be a huge timesaver.  Looking forward to that!

Hey all,

I have a question - it seems my Mac Pro still qualifies for Media Composer 7.  My laptop does not (it's already on the 'not qualified list).

I have one license for 6.5 right now, that I deactivate / activate between the two computers as necessary.  My use of Media Composer on the laptop is currently RARE, but not nil.  

The benefits of MC 7 are very enticing, and I might be 'ok' with not using it on the laptop, but.... 

Two questions:

I don't suppose there's a way I could 'deactivate' MC 7 on my Mac Pro and 'activate' 6.5 on the laptop if I'm on the run?

Would the projects be backward compatible if I had to take one with me on a trip?  (I know many software upgrades are not backwards compatible, but MS Word for example... lol), so figured I'd ask if someone happens to know.

Thanks so much, 

Rick

OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite, Avid 8.8.5, Quicktime 7.6.6 Mac Pro 3,1 12 Gig Ram, ATI 5770, E4P eSata card [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 21 2013 6:37 PM In reply to

• Susi
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • London, UK
    • Posts 578
    • Points 6,655

***BUMP***

Very similar question; with the very treasured dongle, would I be able to keep my MC5.5.1 laptop for occasional use, while mostly using MC7, on a new machine?

Another conundrum; if I wait for 7 to be launched before upgrading, will I end up paying appreciably more than if I went to 6.5.2 first?
    VERY reluctant to upgrade once and then again, especially with so many new features.

Media Composer 8.6.4 on 15" mid-2012 Macbook Pro (OSX10.11.6) 2.7GHz Intel, 8GB RAM Gizmos: CanonXF200; Canon 550D (DSLR); Hero Go-Pro3 and 4; Sony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 21 2013 7:17 PM In reply to

Susi:
    with the very treasured dongle, would I be able to keep my MC5.5.1 laptop for occasional use, while mostly using MC7, on a new machine?
    Yes

Susi:
    will I end up paying appreciably more than if I went to 6.5.2 first?
    When did you update to 6.5 Susi.  If it was after NAB (when 7 was announced) the MC7 update is free as long as you register the 6.5 update. Updating MC 6.5 (brought before NAB) has an upgrade cost of $299

FWIW from the NAB demo's and publicly released info I have seen I think MC7 is going to be the best valued MC update ever Stick out tongue

Page 8 of 12 (166 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller