Latest post Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:47 AM by Alireza Vasefi. 165 replies.
Page 6 of 12 (166 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 12 2013 3:13 PM In reply to

• markle77074
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Houston
    • Posts 332
    • Points 4,405

Re: ** Media Composer v7.0 ANNOUNCED **

I don't mean to be snarky....but it doesn't consolidate transcode AVCHD reliably in the foreground in the current version.    It would also be WONDERFUL if we could select a big group of clips and import them all.

I have several machines. My latest is a zbook with maxed out processor, memory and video card running windows 8. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 12 2013 4:34 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

markle77074:

but it doesn't consolidate transcode AVCHD reliably in the foreground in the current version.

as avchd isn´t a native Avid codec I doubt that it ever will consolidate into Avid.

Transcode works well though, preferabilly to an Avid codec.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:28 PM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 919
    • Points 10,660

How can I become a beta tester, so to make sure that nothing will be broken, again? (like the keyboard layout in a previous version ;-)

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 2018.2, OSX 10.12.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

• Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:36 PM In reply to

Upgrade will be an activation ID or activation code (download code) for version 7 ?

Protools 11 HD, HD Native Card, D-Command, Omni, Sync IO Symphony 6 / Media composer 8 Mac Pro, Macbook Pro 13" Retina, Mac OS 10.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:49 PM In reply to

Bloersch:

How can I become a beta tester, so to make sure that nothing will be broken, again? (like the keyboard layout in a previous version ;-)

If you want to become a beta tester, contact Marianna.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:52 PM In reply to

Alireza Vasefi:
    Upgrade will be an activation ID or activation code (download code) for version 7

Right now the upgrade is to version 6.5 w/eligibility for free version 7 upgrade so long as the 6.5 upgrade is registered NO LATER THAN June 30, 2013. Software does not need to be installed to register. When version 7 becomes available, those eligible will receive a new authorization code from Avid.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:59 PM In reply to

Exacly This is my question

Avid will send us activation ID or Download code of version 7 ? 

Protools 11 HD, HD Native Card, D-Command, Omni, Sync IO Symphony 6 / Media composer 8 Mac Pro, Macbook Pro 13" Retina, Mac OS 10.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:08 AM In reply to

Alireza Vasefi:
    Avid will send us activation ID or Download code of version 7 ? 

There is no "download code". If you have an account established and in good standing at the download center, you can access any version that is in release at any time. So when it becomes available, you will be able to download it from the download center, but you will only be able to ACTIVATE 7.0 when you receive an authorization code, also referred to as a serial number, for it from Avid. 

Again, customers who purchased the 6.5 upgrade on or after April 7, 2013 will be eligible for the free 7.0 upgrade ONLY IF they REGISTER the 6.5 upgrade NO LATER THAN June 30, 2013.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Apr 15 2013 10:21 AM In reply to

• stuartm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 30 2011
    • Posts 47
    • Points 605

I should know the answers to these questions, but it might be useful asking them all then same.

What exactly is Universal Mastering?

Up to now I believe the Nitris DX box was required for UM, is this still true? The advertising is suggesting that Symphony options give you Symph Color Correction AND Universal Mastering. But if you're using an AJA, Blackmagic or whatever I/O box, or you're software only, will you still need have a (spendy) Nitris DX to enable Universal Mastering?

In other words: if I'm on a 2012 MC6.5 with an Aja IO XT, what do the Symphony Options really mean to me in terms of cash and enabled functions? (Symph CC is a given.)

Mac Pro Dual Intel Xeon Quad-Core 2,93GHz, OSX 10.8.5, MC7.0.3 +SN [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 15 2013 10:29 AM In reply to

stuartm:
    What exactly is Universal Mastering?

Here's what I drew up last year, but never got to finish. It's lacking some additional data, and may need to be double-checked on certain facts (like the ability to do insert edits within consistent pulldown cadence when playing out a a progressive sequence to 60i).

http://www.jobterburg.nl/Publications/UniversalMastering_v1.2.pdf

Disclaimer: use at your own risk, I haven't been able to completely verify all data in the document.

stuartm:
    the Nitris DX box was required for UM
    Still is.

stuartm:
    if you're using an AJA, Blackmagic or whatever I/O box, or you're software only, will you still need have a (spendy) Nitris DX to enable Universal Mastering?
    Yes.

stuartm:
    if I'm on a 2012 MC6.5 with an Aja IO XT, what do the Symphony Options really mean to me in terms of cash and enabled functions? (Symph CC is a given.)

Advanced color correction, relational color correction, secondary color correction, plus BCC in a 1500 USD option to MC7. That's it.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 15 2013 10:29 AM In reply to

Universal MAstering has to have Avid hardware so you need the Nitris DX hardware to have that functionality and you need to be licensed for Symphony.

So on you set up 2012 MC6.5 with an Aja IO XT Symphony option on MC 7 will give you the Symphony CC plus the BCC efefcts from Boris (which I think list for just under $2K)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Mon, Apr 15 2013 10:31 AM In reply to

Pat Horridge:
    Universal MAstering has to have Avid hardware
    Nitris (up to SY v5.5) or Nitris DX, specifically. Not even Mojo DX.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 15 2013 11:02 AM In reply to

• stuartm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 30 2011
    • Posts 47
    • Points 605

Thanks guys, and JobTB I'll handle your .pdf with caution but it's good info.

So this is it, is it?

$299 MC6.5 - 7

$1499 MC6.5 - MC7+SN Options
    (SN Color Correction + Boris CC8 AVX (current price standalone €1995)

And if you want Universal Mastering = Nitris DX $5,500+

Interesting. At the end of the day though, the "SN Options" is still much the same as buying the original SN6+ and getting either Boris or SNCC for free depending on how you look at the purchase.

I suppose the key question now is: Can you take the SN Options from one MC7 seat to another (activating and deactivating as you go), or are the SN options tied exclusively to the original Activation Code for the original MC7 purchase?

Mac Pro Dual Intel Xeon Quad-Core 2,93GHz, OSX 10.8.5, MC7.0.3 +SN [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:44 PM In reply to

stuartm:
    I suppose the key question now is: Can you take the SN Options from one MC7 seat to another (activating and deactivating as you go), or are the SN options tied exclusively to the original Activation Code for the original MC7 purchase?

The Symphony option is treated like PhraseFind or ScriptSync, each of which has its own separate activation code.  It sounds like that will be the same here, which would allow you to move the option from MC system to MC system.

EDIT: Confrimed that if you use software activation, you can move the Symphony option from system to system.  If you use a dongle, it's blasted on the dongle, so you'd have to swap dongles between systems.  But no, you do not have to have the Symphony option tied to a particular system.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Apr 15 2013 4:20 PM In reply to

Do we need a proper functioning license to use the transcoding watch folder feature? I'm thinking of using older computer or/even installing a demo version and transcoding on the set. It's like having the free metafuze for mac.

Mac Pro 8 core 2.4 Ghz (Middle 2010), 14 Gbs RAM, Matrox MXO2 Mini, GTX970 OSX v.10.10.1 AVID MC 8.3.1 [view my complete system specs]
Page 6 of 12 (166 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller