Latest post Sat, Mar 16 2013 2:53 PM by Scotious. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 15 2013 2:39 PM

• Scotious
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 47
    • Points 515

Strange AvidFX bug?

Has anyone experienced this?

When I render a simple AvidFX (in this case a BCC 3-way color grade) nested within a PIP clip I get *exactly* 4 frames of the PREVIOUS adjacent material within the rendered FX clip.  If I slip the previous shot 4 frames to try and cover it up the 4 "wrong" frames are still there-- on the WRONG side of the edit. If I isolate the FX clip from everything else i get 4 frames of black at the beginning of the clip.

By the way-- a simple color effect or color correction exhibits none of this hinkiness.

Help!?  <hair pulling>

27" iMac, 2.93GHz Intel Core i7, 12GB RAM, OS 10.8.2, MC 6.5.2

• Fri, Mar 15 2013 10:53 PM In reply to

Re: Strange AvidFX bug?

Does it happen on all AVIDFX or limited to this one instance in your current project?   Does the same thing happen if you perform a video mixdown?

MacPro AVID MC 6.5.2 / Mac OS 10.7.5 / 2x 3GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon / 20GB RAM / Dual Monitor 1-30" 1-24" / One big ass hamster on a tread mill... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 16 2013 2:53 PM In reply to

• Scotious
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 47
    • Points 515

Re: Strange AvidFX bug?

I believe I actually caused those four frames due to a bad setting on one of the FX layers.

Thanks, though, you had a good thought.  But, of course, it still showed the four bad frames on mixdown. Just operator error (again....!)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller