Latest post Mon, Mar 4 2013 5:06 PM by Larry Rubin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:27 PM

Audio Meters on Mixer Sluggish and Inaccurate

Hi All,

Have just updated to Symphony 6.03.3 and updated the Nvidia drivers.  Application runs fine and update went well but,  Oh dear!!!... about the Audio Mixer meters.  They no longer respond correctly to the audio dynamic. In fact they appear to be so slow to respond.

This needs fixing pronto..

They are unuseable like this.  The Audio Tool's display works fine as does the level meters on the timeline.

Have read the posts in the Media Composer Forum and the same problem is reported by several people on Media Composer.

I have tried several different display drivers, but the problem is apparent with Nvidia drivers 275.89,  306.97, & 310.90 so I don't think it is a  graphics driver problem.  It seems to be related to the 6.03.3 update.

Cheers  Ronnie

System. MC 7.0.4 with Symphony option. Gigabyte GA-X79 UD7 Rev.2 Mobo. Intel Core i7 3960CPU @ 3.5Ghz. Liquid cooled. 32Gb Vengeance Ram. NVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:37 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Meters on Mixer Sluggish and Inaccurate

Studio 4 Telepost:
    ... about the Audio Mixer meters.  They no longer respond correctly to the audio dynamic. In fact they appear to be so slow to respond.

I'm also seeing this intermittently on Symphony 6.5.2. The meter bars sometimes appear segmented with pieces missing. But as I say, it's intermittent, not constant.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:51 AM In reply to

Hi Larry

Thank you for responding.

I just can't use Symphony like this as I rely on the mixer alot during editing, so here's what I did.

Uninstalled the 6.0.3.3 patch. Very easy to do.  Reverted back to Nvidia driver 275.89 updated to the 6.0.3.2 patch and now all works well as it did previously.  For anyone else trying to resolve this, when uninstalling the 6.0.3.3 patch, the sysem will ask for your original Symphony 6 Disk to complete the uninstallation, but you all probably know that already.

I guess I could have stayed with the 310.90 Nvidia driver but I don't make use of 3D functionality this driver offers anyways all working fine now.

Cheers

Ronnie 

System. MC 7.0.4 with Symphony option. Gigabyte GA-X79 UD7 Rev.2 Mobo. Intel Core i7 3960CPU @ 3.5Ghz. Liquid cooled. 32Gb Vengeance Ram. NVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 4 2013 4:52 PM In reply to

There is also a thread about this bug on the Avid Media Composer Forum.

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/117257.aspx

Camcorder: Sony PXW-FS7K with Atomos Shogun monitor, Sony HDR-HC1E PAL ; PC: Asus motherboard X99 Pro USB 3.1 LGA2011, Intel 8 core (16 threads) CPU... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 4 2013 5:06 PM In reply to

I have escalated this issue to Avid engineering.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller