Latest post Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:20 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:01 PM

Hooking up Studio Monitors to Media Composer...

I recently purchased some HS80s for me to use in Pro Tools through and audio interface. Previously I had always done both video and audio editing wearing cans, but wanted to use external speakers.

So I'm wondering how I will get Media Composer 5 to use then since I am going to be using an interface (most likely motu or apogee). It was my understanding avid uses my sound card and being I'd be bypassing that is there a specific thing I need to do? One is USB or Firewire and the other is USB only.

Thanks in advance for any information I receive.

Mac Pro 2009 Nehalem Eight Core 2.93 GHz * Media Composer 8.6.1 * Pro Tools 10.3.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:20 AM In reply to

Re: Hooking up Studio Monitors to Media Composer...

MC can only output sound via one route so it's eitehr in software mode so via the computer audio interface or via an audio interface the computer is using in place of the internal sound card (like a USB sound device) or via an external hardware unit.

So if you have an external hardware unit to give you picture to a monitor then audio will come out there as well and you need to feed that via a mixer (for level control) to the speakers. 

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller