Latest post Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:55 PM by jeryan. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:32 AM

• elysc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 8 2012
    • Posts 23
    • Points 275

Off sync Avid Command playback

Hi All,

I'd like to ask if anybody experience a delay while doing playback in the command and how they were able to resolve it. I was monitoring our control room when this case happened. We have 2 channels ( A-B ) and redundant channels for playback. There are times that the video plays off sync on redundant channels like 3-5 sec. The command operator also told me that there are scenarios that the channel would be delay for 1-2 sec before playing on the multiviewer and sometimes on air. I advise the operator to test the video's before the program starts just to make sure. Our team also investigated but unable to resolve it. This happen randomly so we can't recreate the scenario because when we play it again its normal... both running in sync again. Its just weird to me that these issue occurs.

Any suggestions where i should consider looking at? I've been reading and doing alot of research but nothing seems to zero-in on the issue. Hope you guys can help.

-ELYSC-

• Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:55 PM In reply to

• jeryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 5 2006
    • Posts 16
    • Points 150
    • Avid Employee

Re: Off sync Avid Command playback

Check your time sync among the Command server(s), workstation and AirSpeeds, assuming you are using AirSpeeds. We do not guarantee backup channels will be frame-by-frame synced with the primary channels.

All the machines need to be tightly locked to a Time Sync source. The AirSpeeds are likely part on an Interplay workgroup, so your time sync needs to extend to that as well.

NTP or the framework Time Sync service, doesn't much matter.  The framework service can set the clocks every 10 seconds, which is good. When I set it up with the Windows time service, I sync at least every 15 minutes, if not more often. Tight sync.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller