Latest post Thu, Oct 25 2012 6:34 PM by Larry Rubin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 25 2012 5:58 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,664
    • Points 211,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Forum Subscriptions

How to Email Subscribe to a Forum

Use the following URL to email subscribe to forums within the Pro Video Community

http://community.avid.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx 

1.  Once you have opened the above URL, you will see the Pro Video Community Forums listed.

2.  To the right of each forum you will see a column named Subscribe where you can select Yes or No.  If you select Yes, this will allow email notifications to go to your inbox ( email you have provided in your membership profile) when posts are made to the forum(s).  If you just want access to one forum then select Yes for the forum you wish to be notified about.

3.  Now you must enable email notification. Login to Community and click on your name/login on the top right of the forum main page http://community.avid.com/forums/   Note: If you don’t have a login yet them please join now by accessing the Master Account page https://www.avid.com/US/account/orientation Once you log in to your Master Account, you can create a Community account.

4. After you have logged in to Community and clicked on your name in the top right, then click on the "Edit my Profile" link on the left side of the page.

5. Under the Site Options Tab, you will need to enable the email option.       

Using the Community Manager "Marianna" as an example - below is what should be selected in the profile - site options tab.

Example:     Email Configuration

Private email.  Your private email address is never publicly shared

marianna.montague@avid.com

Receive emails.  When disabled you will turn off all site emails (including notifications)

Yes  No

Receive HTML emails.  For email clients that support rich (HTML) email

Yes  No

Send Notifications.   When disabled no email notifications are sent for content you are subscribed to.

Yes

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Oct 25 2012 6:13 PM In reply to

Re: Forum Subscriptions

Marianna:

I noticed in the Forum subscriptions link you provided that the DS Forum is missing. Is that by design, or possibly an oversight?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Oct 25 2012 6:27 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,664
    • Points 211,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

weird let me look.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Oct 25 2012 6:28 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,664
    • Points 211,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Shows up on mine

ForumSubscribe
    Get Started Fast
    Get assistance, answers, and insights and start editing now—join a community dedicated to the success of new users.
    Yes
    Share Your Experience
    Whether you’re new to the world of Media Composer or just returning after some time away, we’d like to hear from you.
    Yes
    Avid Media Composer - Mac
    Forum for advanced Media Composer Mac users.
    No
    Avid Media Composer - PC
    Forum for advanced Media Composer PC users.
    No
    Avid Symphony 
    Forum for both Advanced Symphony Nitris and Symphony users.
    No
    Avid DS
    Forum for Avid DS workflow, issues and questions.
    No
    Complete Your Suite
    Get to know our third-party partners and learn how to extend the power of Avid editing solutions to get even more out of your system.
    Yes
    Film and 24p
    The film forum is for the independent filmmaker to the studio level editor, regardless of whether you shoot film or 24 frame video.
    No
    MetaFuze Forum
    MetaFuze is a free workflow enabler application that integrates high resolution file formats into Media Composer. From TIFF to DPX or JPEG to R3D, MetaFuze can be used to streamline the process from offline to online including Avid Symphony and Avid DS.
    No

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Oct 25 2012 6:34 PM In reply to

Then it must be that the URL link detected my personalized settings which don't show the DS Forum.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller