Latest post Mon, Nov 5 2012 3:18 AM by Ra-ey Saleh. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 24 2012 2:15 PM

• endavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 3 2012
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

Best XDcam Ingest solution

Hi 

I'am looking for the best tools to ingest XDcam disc on a Unity. I have some PDW U1 and HD1500 deck. The idea is to dedicated a simple Windows based PC to do this task. During this time, others mediacomposer systems are free for editing. If I can rename clip before ingest, it's a good thing.

I have tried SAT AI "Autoingest direct" witch is a perfect tools for that but the price ($4600) is too expensive :(

I have tried opencube "ENGSoft" but It needs interplay and I don't have it

Any ideas ? 

best

• Wed, Oct 24 2012 3:18 PM In reply to

Re: Best XDcam Ingest solution

Download XDCam Browser from the Sony site.  You can rename discs, rename clips, add Essence Marks to clips, and a lot of other things.  Including copying an entire disc to another ocation or even just copying a clip to another location.  

Even better is that it's free.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Thu, Oct 25 2012 8:02 AM In reply to

• endavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

Yes, I know it, but I don't need browsing function. Only simple and quick rename clip function. After that I want to directly converted xdcam file to MXF op atom file ready to use with mediacomposer.

Also xdcam browser don't allow you to connect more than one XDcam Deck to one machine.I have 4 x HD1500 deck on LAN and I want to use it simultaneously to ingest faster.

• Thu, Oct 25 2012 2:34 PM In reply to

• Haze
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 764
    • Points 10,205

endavid:
    I have 4 x HD1500 deck on LAN and I want to use it simultaneously to ingest faster.

You can't ingest more than one stream at a time.  You could look at MOG Solutions MXF Speerail, but it's likely out of your budget range.  Kenton's suggestion of using XDCAM Browser is the lowest cost solution. 

Regarding renaming, I'm guessing that you are working clips named C00010, C00011, etc.  The XDCAM cameras are capable of having a custom title prefix.  Once set up in camera the clips can be autonamed according to the prefix setting.  For example if the shoot is a Auto Show the clips could be named AutoShow001, AutoShow002, etc.  or CAM1_0020, CAM1_0021...CAM2_0014, CAM2_0015, etc.

You may not have any control of production, I'm simply suggesting this because sometimes post problems can be fixed upstream.  How about "Fix it in Production" rather than "Fix it in Post" ?

Avid DS 11 | Z800, Symphony 6.5 | HP xw 8600, MC 6.5 | HP Z400, Unity Storage [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 25 2012 2:50 PM In reply to

With every license of Media Composer and Symphony comes Interplay Transfer (PC Only).  you can run Transfer ON YOUR Edit station in the background and have it do FTP pulll from your HD1500 Decks using FTP Clip Browser to have your Avid dump it right into your bins and the Unity/ISIS.

Since it will use your host computer for the transfer, the database files are updated by your MC/TM software.
    http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/user_guide/Avid-Interplay-Transfer-Setup-and-User-s-Guide-v2-6?popup=true&NewLang=en&DocType=1082

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Mon, Oct 29 2012 10:15 AM In reply to

• endavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

thanks you all for yours answers.

I dind't think about Interplay transfer but it's a very good suggestion. 

I will test it and post results :) 

• Mon, Nov 5 2012 3:18 AM In reply to

Great tip Big Smile

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller