Latest post Mon, Mar 6 2006 6:03 AM by astevens. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 3 2006 12:30 AM

• astevens
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Anacortes Washington
    • Posts 170
    • Points 1,945

Idea [I] EDL Solution: Database to ALE with free files...

With the help of David Clarke I've solved this problem.  Database entry from customer / client EDL and conversion to ALE for successful importing of EDL's into Liquid is now a no-brainer.

I've posted a Database to ALE Tutorial on my Website. It's a Database to ALE workshop complete with a downloadable database and Example ALE, free for anyone to use, curtesy of Ulti-Media LLC, which should be valuable to anyone needing this solution. The link for the zip file containing the Database and files are on the page.

The tutorial can also be access directly from my "Liquid Edition Tips" page, link in signature below.

Thanks for the input

Enjoy

Intel Dual Xeon Workstation, Windows 7 64 bit, ATI Radeon 4850, 3 Terabyte on board SATA drives, 3 terabytes external eSata "G" drives, Liquid... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 3 2006 7:31 PM In reply to

• ALANmac
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Chatham, UK
    • Posts 297
    • Points 3,770

Re: EDL Solution: Database to ALE with free files...

Andy,

a tip for all access database users (not really applicable here but).....

Once in your database go to Tools/Options/General Tab and make sure you tick the box near the bottom called Compact on Close.  This will do as it says on the tin and in this case reduce the size of the database from 736KB to 272KB each and everytime you close your Dbase.  In a larger database this can be substantial and could be the difference of getting it on your mobile data device or not for backups.  Hope this helps someone Smile [:)]

ps - many thanks for that procedure Andy and Dave, it will help in the future

500W Antec Silent Phantom PSU (best bit) XP-SP2 / P4 3.4 (Zalman 9500H/S) / P5AD2-E Premium / 2 GIG matched DDR2 XMS2-5400 / 160GB WD SATA (OS) &... [view my complete system specs]
    Alan AL7 PRO (7.2) / XP-SP2 / P4 3.4 / P5AD2-E Premium/ 2 GIG matched DDR2 XMS2-5400 / 160GB WD SATA (OS) & 1 x 250GB WD SATA (AV) 7500rpm drives / Sapphire ATI X800XL (256) graphics / Plextor PX-712SA SATA DVD writer/500W Antec Silent Phantom PSU
  • Mon, Mar 6 2006 6:03 AM In reply to

• astevens
    • Not Ranked
    • Anacortes Washington
    • Posts 170
    • Points 1,945

Re: EDL Solution: Database to ALE with free files...

Alan,

Good tip.  I have a couple of quite large Databases in use where this would come in very handy.

Thanks

Andy

ps:  I just did a capture of 204 edits on an ongoing project using the utilities and process I've provided.  Only had three sticky edits, of which two captured on the second go around and the third was an error that was missed in spite of all the error checking.  In short, I can say that I'm a happy camper.

Intel Dual Xeon Workstation, Windows 7 64 bit, ATI Radeon 4850, 3 Terabyte on board SATA drives, 3 terabytes external eSata "G" drives, Liquid... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller