Latest post Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:24 PM by endavid. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 3 2012 10:51 AM

• endavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 3 2012
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

symphony 4.0.5 with XW8200 and nitris dna

Hi all

I'am running symphony 4.0.5  on an XW8200 with nitris DNA (3go ram / Quadro FX1400)

Everything works fine exept when I try to apply some basics effects like reformat, pan and scan, resize, etc etc

Video freeze on play and sometime I have a SFPlayConsumer:: execute timeout error on the left back corner of

the edit screen.

BCC 6.0.6 works fine, timewarp too 

I'am running 190.38 nvidia driver. I have properly setup the driver : Display setting : dualview and hardware acceleration : Multidisplay performance mode

Any ideas ? 

thx

• Fri, Aug 3 2012 12:59 PM In reply to

Re: symphony 4.0.5 with XW8200 and nitris dna

The FX1400 card isn't supported for GPU acceleration so MC should be ignoring it (unless you've manually added it to the GPU config file?)

What does it show in the video display settings? Open GL or your graphics card?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Fri, Aug 3 2012 2:45 PM In reply to

• endavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

thanks you for your aswers Pat :) 

Before, I had Media composer adrenaline on the same Xw8200 and I didn't have any trouble. Now I run syphony and nitris DNA.

The video display settings lets me choose beetwen Open GL and FX1400. I have tryed both and no change.

• Fri, Aug 3 2012 2:52 PM In reply to

THis is classic Nitirs right with the two cards in the 8200 crate?

Is the PCi_x slot set to 100Mhz rather than the 133 default (stab in the dark)

I guess basic troubleshooting.

Has it ever worked on this setup? What's changed since it last worked (if it has ever)

Have you tried with a fresh user and fresh project and fresh media?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:06 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,251
    • Points 27,805
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Start with the Slot Configurations to make sure it's configured correctly.

Confirming the slot location and BIOS configuration of Symphony Nitris platforms.

The Nitris classic is very different from the Adrenaline. It should be powered OFF when starting the computer until you get to the desktop, then turned on.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:09 PM In reply to

• endavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

Yes classic nitris with 2 cards, one I/O and the over one with DnX DSP.

PCI-X set to 100Mhz in the bios setting. Everything properly set up with Avid recomandations ;) 

It has never worked before. I upgraded from media composer adrenaline, keeping my Xw8200 witch worked fine

I have tryed on different SD project, fresh media (no HD rmedia for the moment) and it's the same :( 

Bob -> Slot configuration OK and bios setting OK 

• Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:16 PM In reply to

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 394
    • Points 4,450

When I've been on classic nitris PC symphonys I've never shut off the Nitris classic bob except when cycling power for a full system reboot.  I always had the bob on when starting the computer and never had an issue.  Was I just lucky?  I should add this was a while ago in the V3 ish days.

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

• Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:25 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,251
    • Points 27,805
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

John Moore:

When I've been on classic nitris PC symphonys I've never shut off the Nitris classic bob except when cycling power for a full system reboot.  I always had the bob on when starting the computer and never had an issue.  Was I just lucky?  I should add this was a while ago in the V3 ish days.

The Nitris Classic will still "work" if left on when the computer was started, but it will be running at a lower performance. This is simply how the Nitris Classic hardware worked and it was always the case. It was the same for the DS.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Fri, Aug 3 2012 10:59 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 566
    • Points 7,250

endavid:

Everything works fine exept when I try to apply some basics effects like reformat, pan and scan, resize, etc etc

Video freeze on play and sometime I have a SFPlayConsumer:: execute timeout error on the left back corner of

the edit screen.

I had this exact problem a couple of years ago when I purchased a second-hand system with a Xw8400 workstation. Some effects worked, others didn't, and the Symphony CC tool also exhibited the same error message.

Turned out to be the Arcadia and Clio boards within the 8400. When these were swapped for a new pair everything came good.  If you can find someone willing to lend you a spare set to try you can determine if these boards are your problem.

Sorry I couldn't be more positive!

Bruno

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:24 PM In reply to

• endavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

thanks you all for yours answers

Bruno maybe you're right. It's an old second hand nitris DNA with old boards.

I will try a spare set if I can find one.

I noticed that when the computer is on, I have a orange Led light on one of the two board but I don't know if this is normal or not. All other LED are green.

Fred

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller