Latest post Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:38 AM by DIESELE. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 2 2012 2:05 AM

• corinneu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 20 2012
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

add chapter markers

HI

I am working on a project in avid which will need chapter markers at various points throughout the video clip. In I DVD I can only add chapters after certain amount of minutes. But I need to be able to create specific chapters within the movie at various points - can I set markers in the project whilst still editing in Avid before export - and then get iDVD to recognise these markers?

• Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:18 AM In reply to

Re: add chapter markers

I think from experience that V6 of MC no longer supports the DVD chapter markers process as used in MC V5.5 and earlier. You can no longer import the AEO asset or copy a bin with it in.

However in Avid DVD you can add chapter markers not sure about iDVD which I'm sure is more limited (The Avid chapter markers metadata from MC V5.5 wouldn't have gone across to iDVD anyway)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Aug 2 2012 8:57 AM In reply to

• Az Kola
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 16 2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 275
    • Points 3,260

Also if you have Compressor you can try and encode the file through Compressor which will allow you to add Marks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/azemkola [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:38 AM In reply to

• DIESELE
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 28 2008
    • Cymru/Wales
    • Posts 1,066
    • Points 13,150

I need to add loads of chapter markers too - used to use the import AEO method, but as Pat suggests it no longer seems to work.  File is still included in the software thoughHmm

Addin chapters in Avid DVd is not a visual process - it is timecode driven.  Pain!

Symphony 2018.11, Blackmagic Intensity Pro (cant get it working well in 4k though for client monitor - which was the point...), WIN 10 on 2000Mbps M.2 SSD, Nvidia Quadro K2000, Asus X99 Mobo, 4.0 GHz Hex core CPU, 32Gb 2800 Mhz RAM, WD Black 8Tb RAID10

VIDEO MEDIA PRODUCTION COMPANY AND FACILITIES CARDIFF, LONDON, BRISTOL, WALES, CRACKING PRODUCTIONS

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller