Latest post Wed, Mar 1 2006 3:21 PM by FunkyDragon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 27 2006 9:47 PM

• Aquamar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 31 2006
    • NYC
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Interface

Is MC Mac, interface the same as the AXP Mac interface. Are the pulldowns and menus the same?
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz PPC, 80 gb internal drive, Internal Super Drive, 1.5 gb ram, external OWC 500 GB striped raid, DVD external: Hot buttered (Combo2... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 27 2006 10:23 PM In reply to

• ravidedit
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 24 2005
    • Northern Virginia/D.C.
    • Posts 667
    • Points 8,355

Re: Interface

pretty similar but not the same.  In Xpress Pro the source and record defaults to the left monitor instead of the right.  There are no second rows of buttons or second row of info in the Composer window.  The menus are pretty much the same but there are some features that aren't in Xpress Pro.
    2 MC DX Nitris, Pro Tools HD [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 28 2006 6:17 PM In reply to

you can get some of those features back when you import a user settings from MCA into XPress. try it!
    MCA Macintosh 2.7, Mac 10.4.9 G5 dual 2GHz. Lots of RAM. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 1 2006 3:21 PM In reply to

there are some menu differences too.

for instance, in Adrenaline to do a video mixdown, you go to the Special Menu.  in Xpress Pro, you go to the Clip menu. 

the Command Pallete has a bit more buttons in Adrenaline than Xpress... and  the Timecode Window isn't as customizable in Xpress.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller