Media Composer and Symphony Tutorials and Guides
Listed below are some of the most common Documents and Guides that users need to know when using Media Composer or Symphony.
Media Composer and Symphony 30 day Software Trial
Xpress DV, Xpress Pro or Pre 6.5 Media Composer FAQ
Symphony Trial FAQ
Using the Artist Series with Media Composer FAQ
Media Composer 6 and 6.5
Customer Created Tutorials: Douglas Bruce, one of our long standing moderators, started the customer based tutorial craze with the following 200+ tutorials.
Basic MC Tutorials series 1
Basic MC Tutorials series 2
Then several of our other moderators creating tutorials for Avid products as well. Listed below are some of the more recent ones from Dylan, Kevin and Igor.
1. Learn Avid Media Composer by Kevin McAuliffe: http://library.creativecow.net/series/Learn-Avids-MediaComposer
New Advacned Marquee Tutorials
Learn Media Composer Lesson 45: Advanced Marquee Techniques 1
In this lesson, Kevin P McAuliffe shows you how to take a complex looking scene, and create it very easily within the Marquee interface. This tutorial is normally something that can only be done in a compositing application, but with the power of Marquee, and a little forward thinking, you can save yourself time, and your clients money, by not leaving the comfort of your NLE.
Learn Media Composer Lesson 45: Advanced Marquee Techniques 2
In this lesson, Kevin P McAuliffe shows you how simple it is to create a complex animation inside of Marquee in a matter of minutes, when creating the same look in After Effects or a 3D application could take hours. No other applications are used here, just Marquee, and a little bit of creativity!
Learn Media Composer Lesson 45: Advanced Marquee Techniques 3
In this lesson, Kevin P McAuliffe answers a viewers e-mail about Title Rolls and Crawls. He starts out in the standard title tool, and then shows you how simple it is to create the same crawl in Marquee. Finally, he takes it up a notch, and shows you how to add 3D extrusion to your title roll in Marquee, that will have your client singing your praises.
Learn Media Composer Lesson 47: Advanced Marquee Techniques part 4
In this lesson, Kevin P McAuliffe expands on his Title Roll lesson (Advanced Marquee Technique #3), and shows how you would go about integrating client logos into your title rolls and crawls. Again, this is a technique that is normally done outside of Media Composer or Symphony, but as this lesson shows, we can do it right here from within the timeline.
Learn Media Composer Lesson 48: Advanced Marquee Techniques part 5
In this lesson, Kevin P McAuliffe talks about applying textures to your text, he shows you why seamlessly tileable elements are the way to go, and even how to manipulate your textures, once they have been applied. Finally, he wraps things up by showing you how easy it is to apply textures to any element you have created inside of Marquee. If you've started creating 3D text inside of Marquee, this lesson is a must!
2. Wide Open Camera: DSLR Complete Workflow Guide by Alex Walker: http://wideopencamera.com/just-the-cut/avid-media-composersymphony-6-canon-dslr-complete-workflow-12min-guide/
3. Color Correction in Avid Symphony 6 by Dylan Reeve: https://vimeo.com/41270110
4. Cleaning up your Sequence by Woody Lidstone at Splice Training: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bNTaIRzdKI
5. Avid DS AJA Custom Launcher by Igor Ridanovic: http://www.postmagazine.com/Video-Center/Tutorial/Avid-DS-AJA-Custom-Launcher.aspx
6. Avid DS Basic Color Balancing by Igor Ridanovic: http://www.postmagazine.com/Video-Center/Tutorial/Avid-DS-Basic-Color-Balancing.aspx
7. Avid DS 3D Topography and Stereoscopic Animation - Part 1 by Igor Rideanovic: http://www.postmagazine.com/Video-Center/Tutorial/Avid-DS-3D-Topography-and-Stereoscopic-Animation.aspx
8.Avid DS 3D Topography and Stereoscopic Animation - Part 2 by Igor Rideanovic http://www.postmagazine.com/Video-Center/Tutorial/Avid-DS-3D-Topography-and-Stereoscopic-Animation2.aspx
9. More DS tutorials by Igor can be found at http://www.postmagazine.com/Video-Center/Tutorial.aspx
Learn Media Composer: The following are additional training videos by forum moderator, Kevin P. McAuliffe.
- Lesson 54: Animation: Split Screens 1
- Lesson 55: Animation: Split Screens 2
- Lesson 56: Animation: Split Screens 3
- Lesson 57: Animation: Split Screens 4
- Lesson 60: A Proper Fadeout
- Lesson 61: Basic Color Correction ONE
- Lesson 62: Basic Color Correction TWO
- Lesson 63: Basic Motion Effects Part 1
- Learn Media Composer Lesson 64: Motion Effects PART TWO
Avid Product Management Video's
- Media Composer Family - The following are the first three in a series of four blog posts from Rob D’Amico, Senior Product Manager for professional film and video editing solutions, which will cover key changes in Media Composer 6.5.2. You can follow Rob on Twitter at @_RobDAmico
- Media Composer 6.5.2 ‒ Exclude Filler from the Selection
- Media Composer 6.5.2 ‒ Consolidate QuickTime ProRes
- Media Composer 6.5.2 ‒ Exporting Graphic Sequential Files
- Media Composer 6.5.2 ‒ Interplay Sphere on Mac
AOL IM: avidmarianna
Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
Pinnacle Systems |
© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.
Site Map |
Find a Reseller