Latest post Sat, Apr 28 2012 3:53 PM by Larry Rubin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 28 2012 3:10 PM

• btwien
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 15 2009
    • Mali, West-Afrika
    • Posts 169
    • Points 2,575

Audio effect to reduce (general) noise?

Hello all,

Greetings from Mali, West-Africa.

Doing a pilot short video with my Nikon D300s and ZOOM / external mic for sound, I was not impressed by the "general noise" it produced.

Is there a way / effect to fix that a little bit in general without wanting to have it perfect.

Thanks for any input!

Ewien

MC 5.5.3 Academic Version QT 7.7 Working with: PC, Windows 7, SP 1 Intel(R) Core(TM)i7 CPU 950 @3.07GHz 3.06 GHz NVIDIA Quadro 2000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 28 2012 3:53 PM In reply to

Re: Audio effect to reduce (general) noise?

Recommend you use the 7 Band Parametric EQ filter in the audio suite tool, and I also recommend using the graph tool to adjust rather than the knobs. First determine which frequency range the problem exists in, then adjust gain to maximum for that particular range and slowly slide through frequencies to try to "home in" on the problem and bring it to the audio foreground, then reduce gain until you're happy with how much you're subtracting from the total mix. Take your time and be patient. This can be a somewhat tedious process as the adjustments can be very subtle in nature, and it requires a superior audio monitoring system to hear those differences.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller