Latest post Sun, Feb 26 2006 8:49 AM by mvegas. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 24 2006 5:11 PM

Confused [*-)] Audio Import

Hey guys! Need a tip...

When I import AIFF files they come into the MCA really hot. I've gotta decrease the volume by about -10 to get the sound right. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, once I have clips in the bin is there any way to adjust the levels (and pan) of multiple clips? Say I capture a bunch of clips and I know that I want the audio panned to the middle and the levels raised. Is there any way to adjust it all in the bin rather than in the timeline?

Thanks in advance!

MCA Macintosh 2.7, Mac 10.4.9 G5 dual 2GHz. Lots of RAM. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 24 2006 5:44 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Audio Import

This is completely normal for a digital file noel'. You just need to lower them once the get imported...and no, there really is no way to change the level on all the clips currently.It has been a feature request for years.
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Sun, Feb 26 2006 8:49 AM In reply to

• mvegas
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1,555
    • Points 17,910

Re: Audio Import

just to add to BLKDOG's response, the last time one had any control over audio (CD) import is back in the days when we had to use SimpleText to convert the the file to AIFF, and that was when Avid ran on Mac OS 8
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller