Latest post Sat, Jan 21 2012 9:04 PM by stefane321. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 20 2012 6:04 PM

• stefane321
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 20 2012
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

How export without loising quality?

When I export whatever if I export to .avi, .mp4 I lost many quality

the movie become ugly

can you plrease explain me how to export without loosing quality?

Thanks!

• Fri, Jan 20 2012 6:17 PM In reply to

Re: How export without loising quality?

Hi,

What version of what Avid product are you using?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 7.0.3 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jan 20 2012 6:21 PM In reply to

First, I would check the compression quality settings.   Set it to the highest quality.    You can also adjust bit rate.    Unfortunately Avid does not give much control over exporting when using certain codecs.    The better way is to export your sequence as a Quicktime Reference file and use a program like Sorenson Squeeze that will give you better control over the quality parameters, and in many cases uses superior codecs.

Secondly, it depends what you will use the export for?   For example, if you are delivering a file to a broadcaster or production company, you should export as Avid same-as-source.   For this to work, the party receiving your file needs to have the Avid codecs installed on their computer.  But these codecs are available as a free download and most professionals already have them installed.

System 1: MC 7.0.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro 4000, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Fri, Jan 20 2012 6:37 PM In reply to

• stefane321
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

im using the trial version to learn iot before to decide if i will buy it.

i use export only to save my movie after editing it, so i also want to send the video on youtube

• Fri, Jan 20 2012 6:41 PM In reply to

stefane321:
    im using the trial version

The trial version of what?  Media Composer is available on the Mac and on the PC, and some of what we might suggest depends on what you've got to work with.

It's also possible you're using Avid Studio, in which case you're in the wrong forum.

Media Composer 7.0.3 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Fri, Jan 20 2012 6:57 PM In reply to

stefane321:

im using the trial version to learn iot before to decide if i will buy it.

i use export only to save my movie after editing it, so i also want to send the video on youtube

If you end up buying Avid Media Composer (which, of course, is the editor all of us on this forum use), it will come with the aforementioned program, Sorenson Squeeze.   Sorenson has a YouTube preset which will allow you to transcode terrific looking video files for upload to YouTube.   I use this all the time, both for my own work, and for videos I produce for client's websites.

In any event, good luck on your decision.    

System 1: MC 7.0.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro 4000, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Fri, Jan 20 2012 9:38 PM In reply to

• stefane321
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

wish codec or other thing do you thing i need for avid studio?

i know its not my computer the problem because i tried a free software called videopad editor and it export very

but i prefer avid studio for video editing its most friendly user and it have more option ... but the export is bad

• Fri, Jan 20 2012 10:33 PM In reply to

You are in the wrong place.  The Avid Studio forum is here:

http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/242/ShowForum.aspx

• Sat, Jan 21 2012 9:04 PM In reply to

• stefane321
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller