Latest post Thu, Jan 5 2012 8:54 PM by Marianna. 478 replies.
Page 25 of 32 (479 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:02 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,384
    • Points 97,000

Re: Do we get Squeeze 8 with MC 6?

- and some of the interchanges are entertaining.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:06 AM In reply to

• Saylur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Laguna Woods CA
    • Posts 485
    • Points 6,115

In the spiret of the holidays shoudn't this thread be LOCKED enuf is enuf.No

MC-6.0.5,MB Asus Z87 Expert 1150 ATX,Intel Core i7 4770 3.4 Ghz CPU,32GB Kingston DDR3 Mem.,Samsung 840 250GB SSD,Win 7 Pro SP 1, QT 7.7.3,PNY Quadro K2000... [view my complete system specs]

Regards

Mike

• Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:14 AM In reply to

Saylur:

In the spiret of the holidays shoudn't this thread be LOCKED enuf is enuf.No

Not until we extend Marianna the courtesy of delivering the final assessments, once they are in. We should all just stand by until then.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:24 AM In reply to

• Alcy
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 10 2009
    • Posts 1,002
    • Points 12,975

Marianna:

Hi DFW

Avid is a large company and doesnt move that fast.  You might not like it but thats the facts....  I also know that I am not "senior" enough in the company to make product and pricing decisions so I have to work up through others.  We are doing that and Dave while in the UK right now is working with Sorenson and others internally.  It just isnt as fast as you want it and I am sorry for that but it is what it is. 

More on this is coming.....   if you are ABSOLUTELY in a pickle and can't get any of your work done with the sorenson version you have then email me off forum and I will assist.  Otherwise, stand by... we wont drop this - we wont go silent - but I can't post what I dont know.

I am sorry if that isnt enough tonight but thats all got right now.

I want to say that I'm greatly appreciate your work on our behalf. Thanks for keeping us update on this issue.

Avid MC 8.1

Windows 8.1

HP Z800
    Dual Intel Xeon E5530 2.4GHz
    24GB RAM
    SAS 320GB @ 15K RPM OS Hard Drive
    1TB HD and 1.5TB HD Internal
    Nvidia Quadro FX 3800

• Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:34 AM In reply to

• Alcy
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 10 2009
    • Posts 1,002
    • Points 12,975

Adman:

Again...everyone... please be respectful of others and refrain from personal attacks. Big Smile

Totally agree. If I have, I want to apologized. As the Governor of Wisconsin puts it, when close to 90 thousand people protested in Madison regarding his tough stands on collective bargaining issue, people get "passionated" about issues like this. People read the fine print on Avid's web page, saw the video advertisement, and they paid for the product. What they received was not exactly has it was advertiszed. People get quite ticked off about issues like this. The $90 upgrade is a drop in the bucket when it comes to the full price or compare to the total upgrade cost of $600 (in my case). However, any excueses does not makes it right when the product delivered was not exactly what a customer paid for.

I'll hold any responses until Marianna or Dave delivered their next response.

Avid MC 8.1

Windows 8.1

HP Z800
    Dual Intel Xeon E5530 2.4GHz
    24GB RAM
    SAS 320GB @ 15K RPM OS Hard Drive
    1TB HD and 1.5TB HD Internal
    Nvidia Quadro FX 3800

• Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:44 AM In reply to

I am intrigued that there is little if any thought to the possibility that Avid may have been misled by their partner. Consider that in the original Squeeze 8, Squeeze lite online comparison list it showed No integration with NLE's for Lite (including naming Avid, Premier and Final Cut in brackets). Would Avid knowingly include softare that specifically excluded integration with them??..... I wonderl
    This list has subsequntly been modified to show the 3 NLE's seperately and that Avid integration has now been included with lite.

• Thu, Dec 8 2011 3:25 AM In reply to

• Saylur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Laguna Woods CA
    • Posts 485
    • Points 6,115

What I'm intriqued by is that if many of these people would have spent all their posting time on editing they could have paid the full price for the product. Marianna has asked for some time! I dont think the world is going to end between now & then. But I'm sure others will differ.Sad Lock this & let Marianna post when the decision is made.

MC-6.0.5,MB Asus Z87 Expert 1150 ATX,Intel Core i7 4770 3.4 Ghz CPU,32GB Kingston DDR3 Mem.,Samsung 840 250GB SSD,Win 7 Pro SP 1, QT 7.7.3,PNY Quadro K2000... [view my complete system specs]

Regards

Mike

• Thu, Dec 8 2011 4:56 AM In reply to

• myriad
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto
    • Posts 31
    • Points 415

NickB, I like your style...

HP Elitebook 8540w Quadro FX 880M i7core Windows 7 64bit Avid 6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 8 2011 6:47 AM In reply to

jwrl:

- and some of the interchanges are entertaining.

Actually, most of the views are mine...seriously, we're talking and e-mailing Sorenson on this issue  (I am in the UK this week for customer meetings so our time zones are way off).  I wish this was not as complicated as it is, but the reality is that we have contractual obligations and we just can't go do things without figuring out the impact on our partnership and that contract and that takes time.   We'll post something when there is more information but I think everything has been said (and read) by people at Avid. 

Take care,

Dave

• Thu, Dec 8 2011 7:04 AM In reply to

Thanks for keeping us posted

• Thu, Dec 8 2011 7:34 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,500
    • Points 64,515

Jason:
    FWIW, Squeeze 8 Full blows away SSLite 7 or SSLite 8. Fantastic software.
    This is actually the most interesting line in the last bunch of pages, running SS 6.5 I was under the impression that SS was merely an ffmpeg frontend with some proprietary codec added and the annoyingly pushy 360 thing; I use the software, and cuda support sounds interesting, otherwise I could remain with SS 6.5.

FWIW, Sorenson has not a Marianna, but whenever I've had issues with them, I've found the representatives to be nice and truly willing to help, most of all they fixed things out for me, and although I seldom go to their forum there is one, and it's active and helpful, should the need arise.

Once again Avid's marketing communication has been totally wrong, the company came out with a brand new release that should have pleased the customers with the 64bit engine, and instead they managed to piss off many of them slipping on the SS Lite banana skin... I understand that big corporations do not move fast, but rectifying the Avid literature/ads to specify that SS Lite is the bundled software should be priority one; in the meanwhile they should deliver what they advertised to the customers who bought the software expecting Sorenson Squeeze inside the package, not the lite surrogate, the deal with Sorenson can be fixed along the way with no need to further irritate the customers, but please stop clogging up my mailbox making noise, the blob (do You remember the b-movie jelly monster?) has been fed and grown big enough to be heard, quit bloating it and let's all wait for Marianna to clear this mess, whichever the outcome.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Dec 8 2011 8:12 AM In reply to

• SDM|STUDIOS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 13 2010
    • San Diego, CA
    • Posts 33
    • Points 415

AndrewAction:

I am intrigued that there is little if any thought to the possibility that Avid may have been misled by their partner. Consider that in the original Squeeze 8, Squeeze lite online comparison list it showed No integration with NLE's for Lite (including naming Avid, Premier and Final Cut in brackets). Would Avid knowingly include softare that specifically excluded integration with them??..... I wonderl
    This list has subsequntly been modified to show the 3 NLE's seperately and that Avid integration has now been included with lite.

That's funny you say that.  I only encoded a few things with Squeez 7, as I was busy setting up my new MC6 preferences and playing with the new features.  But I noticed something was off, but I couldn't put my finger on it.  Then I saw this thread, and someone posted that they caught it when the saw 'Lite' in the Squeeze splash page.  I checked and on the bundled version of Squeeze 7 it doesn't say Lite any where.  Not on the splash page, not in the about Squeeze.  When I installed Squeeze 8, Lite was immediately noticed in the splash page.  Seems a little strange.

SDM

Avid Media Composer 8 / Avid Pro Tools 10 --- PC: HP xw4300 Workstation, 3.2GHz Intel Pentium Dual Core, 8GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 3450, Win 8.1 Pro 64bit... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 8 2011 7:10 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,623
    • Points 60,385

I didn't see 'Lite' on the 7.0.1 packaged with MC 6, only on Squeeze 8, however, I did notice on 7.0.1 that the 'watch folder' feature was missing...

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Thu, Dec 8 2011 7:49 PM In reply to

• DFW Hokie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Plano, TX
    • Posts 272
    • Points 3,655

BarkinMadd:

AndrewAction also posted some findings about the presets not working as one would expect them to.
    (not being able to import them from the local drive or the Sorenson website, if I recall correctly)

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 4:08 PM In reply to

• DFW Hokie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Plano, TX
    • Posts 272
    • Points 3,655

Page 25 of 32 (479 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller