Latest post Thu, Sep 5 2019 4:48 PM by Nick Link. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 7 2019 3:23 PM In reply to

Re: Move to an edit point without triggering the trim mode

Hi Kenton,

no it was apearing when i moved the mouse over an edit on a track in the timeline, between the edits it was a regular mouse arrow

Avid Media Composer 2019.7 - Win10Pro Dell XPS 9569 4K - i7 7700HQ - Nvidia GTX1050 4GB - 16GB RAM - 512GB SSD [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 7 2019 3:56 PM In reply to

Hey Kenton,

Kenton.VanNatten:

If I'm understanding you correctly, when you press A or S to advance to the next cut it enters Trim mode. 

I don't think that's it. Julie says:

Julie Köhler:
    my mouse turns to "Trim Mode" when i move over an edit

and

Julie Köhler:
    i dont speak about the keyboard "A" "S" mapping

It sounds to me more like the behavior you get when the old smart tool trim tools were enabled, causing the mouse pointer to change to a trim icon depending on how close the mouse was to an edit point.

In 2019.x this all moved to the timeline tool bar and can be turned on and off there, so I was hoping that would be Julie's solution, but she seems to have solved it in timeline settings somehow.

Sorry for being pedantic. :)

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Aug 7 2019 4:05 PM In reply to

"Pedantic"? Look at you with your fancy British words. ;)  

Hope you're well. 

At first I thought it was "Smart Tool" functionality, but then I read her post that said it wasn't the solution... so I was confused (er, "bemused").  

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, Aug 7 2019 5:21 PM In reply to

Julie Köhler:

Hi Kenton,

no it was apearing when i moved the mouse over an edit on a track in the timeline, between the edits it was a regular mouse arrow

That definitely sounds like Smart Tool function to me. I know that they have changed some things with the Smart Tool in 2019.6, but I don't have the interface in front of me at the moment. 

• Wed, Aug 7 2019 5:34 PM In reply to

Kenton.VanNatten:

"Pedantic"? Look at you with your fancy British words. ;)  

I've been here 12 years. Some of it was bound to sink in eventually. :)

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Aug 7 2019 7:28 PM In reply to

Yes

• Thu, Sep 5 2019 4:48 PM In reply to

• Nick Link
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 16 2012
    • Miami, FL
    • Posts 37
    • Points 445

Julie did you figure out how you turned this off? I'm not wild about this new default either....

HOME AVID: iMac 27" (Retine 5K 2017) 3.4 Intel i5 / Mojave 10.14.16 / 40GB RAM / Radeon Pro 570 4GB / MC 2019.7 WORK AVID: MacPro (Mid2010) 8core... [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller