Latest post Wed, Aug 17 2011 10:59 PM by hbrock. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 16 2011 8:47 PM

• Jey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 12 2007
    • Posts 64
    • Points 865

Export options to burn a proper dvd

Hello

I need some help with the export settings in Avid. I usually export in QT codec Animación. Hight Quality, which it is OK (more thah ok), but then I have to compress the video to burn it into a dvd. I use compressor to do it and then burn in DVD Studio Pro. ( I know that it is a big jump, from 100GB to 4GB or less)

The thing is: if I export in progresive, the video is blured in clear areas and you can see in the letters of the titles horizontal stripes.

If I use interlaced, the video will show lines in the part where camera moves.

What can I do, is there any solution to get a proper DVD? How does the people do to get good dvds? Any formula, any advise, PLEASE !!!!

MacBook Pro 17" Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Processor: 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 4GB RAM 1067MhH DDR3. Avid MC 3.1.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 17 2011 5:41 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,520
    • Points 64,055
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Export options to burn a proper dvd

It depends on a few things:

1.  Is your source interlace or progressive?  (Don't try to change it.)

2.  Is your codec DV or someting else? (DV is lower field first, eveything else is upper field first.)

3.  Are you looking at these results on a computer monitor or a TV?  (Progressive looks good on computers, interlaced looks good on TVs).

Let us know what you've got, what your settings are and where you're looking at this stuff.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Wed, Aug 17 2011 8:35 AM In reply to

• Jey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 12 2007
    • Posts 64
    • Points 865

Hi, and thanks for your response

1. The sourced material is interlaced.

2. I edited in HD, and then I transcoded it to DNxHD to be able to export it from Avid MC. As I said, I use QT Animation codec and get a .mov video. The QT video on Mac screen looks ok, and also on TV throught out HDMI conection. The probles is the dvd.

3. I see it in on TV and the effects I described are on a TV basis. Both interlaced and progressive look bad, althought, you could say that each one has its lacks.

Thanks for answering, I hope these indications help you to help me, if not, just tell me and I will try to be more specific.

MacBook Pro 17" Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Processor: 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 4GB RAM 1067MhH DDR3. Avid MC 3.1.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 17 2011 9:44 AM In reply to

• patric
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 11
    • Points 115

Best to export in qt reference and then use a programme like procoder3 to create a mpeg2 (standard dvd format) programme stream compatible with DVD

Mac Pro, 10.6.6, 6 core Intel Xeon, 3,33 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 5770, Avid MC 5.5.2.1, Nitris, 32-bit

• Wed, Aug 17 2011 3:54 PM In reply to

What are your settings in Compressor?  Sound like that's where the problem is.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Aug 17 2011 10:59 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,520
    • Points 64,055
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Also your version of Media Composer, OSX and QT would be most helpful.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller