Latest post Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:39 AM by Marianna. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:27 AM

posting on forums

I've been a member of this community since 2005, and I wanted to post a question on one of the forums today,

and was blocked for some reason.  I've just done a clean install of Snow Leopard and the latest version of Avid, and was looking for some help with a question.  I don't think I had to update my community info, although I was forced to change my password because I guess it didn't recognize me when I first tried to log on - but hey, what's up with not being able to post?

How hard is that?

Filed under: ,
  • Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:37 AM In reply to

Re: posting on forums

There is a problem with the website. I am also unable to reply to posts in the Media Composer PC or Symphony Forums only. I get "access denied - reply permission denied". I have alerted Marianna.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:46 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,677
    • Points 211,305
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi there,

WE are aware that some folks are unable to post and are looking into this.  Could you be more specific and let me know which forum exactly you are unable to post in?

WE did change the name of the forum parent to Avid Video Professional Forum but that should NOT have caused this.

Report back or email me directly please.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:56 AM In reply to

I cant post either... To the Mac forum.

2.5 GHz Intel core i7 MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM, SSD512, OSX 10.7.5, Matrox Mini "brick" with MAX, AJA T-Tap, G-Tech Raid drives connected via E... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:02 AM In reply to

Jeanna was trying to reply to my post in MC PC re: her MediaDock drives, and couldn't.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:04 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,365
    • Points 96,795

I can post on the General and OT forum, not on MC - PC.  That's all I've tried.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:10 AM In reply to

The problem seems to be contained to the MC on PC, MC on Mac and Symphony Forums. All others appear to work normally.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:14 AM In reply to

Problem now appears to be resolved. I have access again to threads in those three Forums.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:39 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,677
    • Points 211,305
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Just got off the horn with Larry and it seems fixed.  I think " I " amost had a heart attack knowing this was down.  No idea what the issue was so I just reset all the settings to default - saved and then manually went in an set them all back.  PHEEEEEEEEEEEW

I am signing off now.....  sorry folks but you are back in business and can post.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller