Latest post Fri, Jul 8 2011 9:50 AM by Manski. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 7 2011 7:42 AM

• Manski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 9 2011
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Importing a modified aaf from Baselight.

Hi all,

Any help on this would truely appreciated at really cant get this to work!

So I am having a problem importing a modified aaf from Baselight into Media Composer.

My work flow is this.. Shot on Alexa, transcode the proxys to a SD MXF for offline, cut offline then want to to do a one light grade for presentation to client so export a aaf for the Baselight, Baselight conforms with the aaf and grades using the transcoded MXF. After the one light, then renders out a MXF with a modified aaf.

Now this is where the problem starts I can import the modified aaf into Media Composer, and can see all the clips listed in my bin, but cant import the one light MXFs.

I am sure there is a very simple answer to this and maybe I'm putting the media in the wrong place etc, any suggestions?

I thank you for any help in advance!

• Thu, Jul 7 2011 8:12 AM In reply to

Re: Importing a modified aaf from Baselight.

If the MXF exports from Baselight are proper Avid ones then my understanding is you physically move theminto an Avid Media files folder. Trash the media databases.

Launch MC open the media tool and check you see master clips (well not real ones in media tool but you know what I mean) check they can play.

The clips from the imported AAF should just automatically link to that new media.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Jul 7 2011 8:32 AM In reply to

• Manski
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

I did put the media there, can you alloborate more on 'trashing the media database'? where is that kept?

MAny thanks for your help!

• Thu, Jul 7 2011 9:16 AM In reply to

in each numbered folder in the MXF folder (you may only have one folder called 1) there will be two media database files begining with MSM

Find those and delete them. The launch MC. You should see it scan that media folder and then the clips should be visible in Media Tool. if they aren't then the MXF files may have a problem.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Fri, Jul 8 2011 9:50 AM In reply to

• Manski
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Brilliant!! That did the trick, thanks so much!!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller