Latest post Wed, Oct 26 2011 2:03 PM by McNitefly. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 7 2011 3:38 AM

Pro Tools 9 & OSX Lion?

Will Pro Tools 9 be able to work with the new OSX Lion that is coming out soon?

• Tue, Jun 7 2011 3:58 AM In reply to

Re: Pro Tools 9 & OSX Lion?

day_tripper13:
    Will Pro Tools 9 be able to work with the new OSX Lion
    Of course it will. When?? that is a more complicated story!

Please make Enter Slip and Enter Slide mode selection available for mapping (to buttons or KB) via the Command Palette.

• Sun, Jul 10 2011 6:08 PM In reply to

I just tested it on my laptop....not on my quad.  Doesnt work....

• Sun, Jul 10 2011 6:10 PM In reply to

Thanks for testing.  Now we all know.

Symphony 8.0 w/Matrox MXO2 Rack, HP z420, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 & nVidia... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ Discovery Studios West
    (wwld)

• Wed, Jul 27 2011 3:14 AM In reply to

• enano2054
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 27 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Crap too bad I didn't find this until afer I installed Lion. Is Avid going to release anything that will allow me to use Pro Tools 9 on Lion? 

• Wed, Jul 27 2011 3:23 AM In reply to

enano2054:
    Is Avid going to release anything that will allow me to use Pro Tools 9 on Lion? 

Yes.  You might want to check in the Digidesign Protools Forums though.

Symphony 8.0 w/Matrox MXO2 Rack, HP z420, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 & nVidia... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ Discovery Studios West
    (wwld)

• Thu, Aug 18 2011 6:11 PM In reply to

Do you know how to take it off without losing session info? We were told by our local Apple store it would work....Welll guess what it does not and we are dead in the water. Looking for ideas to remove it before we pay 100 hr for Apple to do it.

• Thu, Aug 18 2011 7:56 PM In reply to

I believe as of yesterday Protools 9.0.5 was approved to be used with Lion.

You could also get a different Harddrive and install Snow leopard on that as a dual boot

Please make Enter Slip and Enter Slide mode selection available for mapping (to buttons or KB) via the Command Palette.

• Thu, Aug 18 2011 8:18 PM In reply to

I will check it out. Thanks for the response.

• Mon, Aug 22 2011 6:24 PM In reply to

• McNitefly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 22 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Hey DayTripper,

with the recent update to 9.0.5 it works!

Here's a screenshot. Installed without any problems ... on the upcoming weekend, I'll work on a bigger session. Let's see how it performs then. I will post the results. Geeked

Regards,

McNitefly

Filed under:
  • Tue, Aug 30 2011 1:49 PM In reply to

Good rule of thumb is never EVER update you OS until you can confirm all your needed software (in this case Pro Tools) is fully compatible, especially if you use third party plugins. In my opinion Lion and this update are no where near ready for serious work, I have installed Lion three times, from scratch, and it has grey screened on me randomly a few times, and that isn't even while recording. I'll stick with Snow Leopard until 10.7.2 comes out and another update from Avid before I trust it. Kudos on Avid for getting this update out quick, I am sure plenty of us remember the wait for snow leopard compatibility to come out ;)
  • Wed, Oct 26 2011 2:03 PM In reply to

• McNitefly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 22 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Well, now there is Pro Tools 10 :-)

I'm already installing it ... some really nice features!!!  But also some things where I was hoping for more.  For example still no export faster than realtime!!!

Well, maybe next time :-)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller