Latest post Thu, Jun 16 2011 5:27 PM by Vitor. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 23 2011 3:46 PM

• Ray#56
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 7 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

How to create MXF's?

I'm trying to make mxf 30Mbit files for distribution. As a broadcast copy. I've heard this should be possible with MC and transfer manager, but can't find the right solution.

Someone out there??

Thanks,

Raymond.

Filed under:
  • Mon, May 23 2011 4:52 PM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 28 2010
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Re: How to create MXF's?

Hi Raymond,

if you could provide us with some more information about your setup, maybe someone can help :-)

At least we need to know which is your source codec for editing? Is it already IMX? 30, 40, 50? You can always use "transcode" option when in SD-project to get IMX-30, but it depends on your source material, you won´t get better quality by transcoding process...

Depending your MXF wish: There are at least 12 "flavours" of MXF around, AVID itself uses MXF-Atom, the most common MXF is MXF-OP1a but there are OP1b, OP1c, OP2a, OP2b etc... And they are not compatible :-/

As far as I know you always need a "counterpart station" when using transfer manager. For example when using "Send to playback" to EVS server you can switch to a file destination in EVS/AVID Tools instead of creating the file on EVS-server itself. This would create a MXFOP1a for example...

I´m not sure if this helps, but it is not that easy at all :-)

Best regards,

Kristina

several z800 and xw8600 Nitris DX, MC v.5.5.3, Win XP Prof SP3, ISIS-5000 16TB with Force 10 Switch 10Gig, several MOG S1010 ingest servers, several EVS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 16 2011 5:27 PM In reply to

• Vitor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 16 2011
    • Portugal
    • Posts 3
    • Points 15

Re: How to create MXF's?

Check for the mxfSPEEDRAIL O1000 and contact mog.

It allows to export and Avid sequence for publishing as MXF OP 1A.

http://www.mog-technologies.com/products/file-based/product-overview/

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller