Latest post Tue, May 24 2011 5:22 PM by Sylvain P. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 23 2011 2:47 AM

• gregae89
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 17 2010
    • Posts 14
    • Points 230

Export Settings

Is there anyway to export a timeline in real time? The current way I export takes about an hour to export a 7 min video. I would also like to export to file  (.mov) straight from Avid MC and avoid useing a third party application like sorenson squeeze. If anyone could send me the export setting they use. I would greatly appreciated it.

Thanks,
    Greg

Filed under:
  • Mon, May 23 2011 5:31 AM In reply to

• Sylvain P
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 1,429
    • Points 16,885

Re: Export Settings

You need to be more precise. What do you want to do with the sequence?

To open it in another project?

To import it in Avid DVD?

To create a Quick Time video?

etc.

It's hard to assist you if you don't give us more details.

Media Composer 7.0.3, ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel i7 2600k, 16G DDR3-1600, PNY NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (320.78), Windows 8.1 Pro. MATROX MXO2 Mini, SSD Samsung... [view my complete system specs]

Sylvain Primeau

Self-employed worker - Les productions Primeau Medias

www.primeaumedias.com

Radio-Canada/CBC news editor

www.radio-canada.ca

• Mon, May 23 2011 3:31 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,163
    • Points 57,905
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Also...wh do you want to avoid Sorenson Squeeze?

MC 8.0, Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), 17" Macbook Pro i7 with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive. Suite 2. MC5, Dell Precision 650, 3.06 Ghz, Two internal... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 23 2011 8:56 PM In reply to

• gregae89
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 14
    • Points 230

I don't want to pay for sorenson squeeze. And I want create QuickTime movie from the sequence.

• Mon, May 23 2011 9:00 PM In reply to

Hi Greg,

What kind of project (format/frame rate) are you working in and what do you want to do with the Quicktime?  Is it going to the web, going to a client for approval, going to YouTube, or something else?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer | Software (8.2) w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, May 23 2011 9:28 PM In reply to

gregae89:
    I don't want to pay for sorenson squeeze

But, it should come with a purchase of Media Composer.  Huh?

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, May 23 2011 9:39 PM In reply to

• gregae89
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 14
    • Points 230

AVCHD coverted to DNxHD 145/ 29.97 FPS. End result is both a video for client approval and the web.

• Mon, May 23 2011 9:52 PM In reply to

You could also export a QTref and then use QTPro ($30) to convert to just about any format you might need.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

• Mon, May 23 2011 10:13 PM In reply to

gregae89:
    AVCHD coverted to DNxHD 145/ 29.97 FPS. End result is both a video for client approval and the web.
    Why use AVCHD? 

With a timeline selected use File /export, choose Quicktime movie from the default templates. Thenmodify the template to the Quicktime codec and settings you want in Avid's export dialog. Use Save As to make a new template which will then be available for this and any subsequent exports.

Please make Enter Slip and Enter Slide mode selection available for mapping (to buttons or KB) via the Command Palette.

• Mon, May 23 2011 10:15 PM In reply to

• gregae89
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 14
    • Points 230

Ok that is certainly an option but if sorenson squeeze comes free with media composer I would be will to use that. However i load all the software that I got w/ Media Composer 5 and I got and loaded MC and Avid DVD. Is it a free download?

• Mon, May 23 2011 10:26 PM In reply to

• gregae89
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 14
    • Points 230

AndrewAction:

gregae89:
    Why use AVCHD? 

With a timeline selected use File /export, choose Quicktime movie from the default templates. Thenmodify the template to the Quicktime codec and settings you want in Avid's export dialog. Use Save As to make a new template which will then be available for this and any subsequent exports.

AVCHD is what my raw video files are. I'm NOT trying to use it to export.

SO THE ORGINAL QUESTION I ASKED WAS WHAT SETTING SHOULD I USE UNDER FILE/EXPORT, IN ORDER TO EXPORT A VIDEO THAT DOESN'T TAKE FOREVER TO EXPORT BECAUSE CURRENTLY IT TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR TO EXPORT A 7 MIN SEQUENCE. SO WHAT SETTING WORK THE BEST FOR A TIMELY EXPORT UNDER FILE/EXPORT RIGHT IN MC?

• Mon, May 23 2011 11:01 PM In reply to

gregae89:
    f sorenson squeeze comes free with media composer I would be will to use that. However i load all the software that I got w/ Media Composer 5 and I got and loaded MC and Avid DVD

The Production Suite includes:

Production Suite contents
    • Avid DVD by Sonic—Author professional DVDs and Blu-ray Discs quickly and easily, with complete control over the entire process (works with Windows-based systems, including Windows-emulation apps on Macs)
    • Avid FX—Easily create dazzling 2D and 3D composites, titles, animation, and effects with Avid FX 5.8.3, a powerful collection of creative tools designed by Boris FX
    • Boris Continuum Complete—Create the look you want with nearly 200 filters at your fingertips, including 15 new filters, using Boris Continuum Complete 7
    • SmartSound Sonicfire Pro—Create music soundtracks for your films, TV shows, commercials, and other video effortlessly with SmartSound Sonicfire Pro 5.5.2
    • Sorenson Squeeze—Optimize and deliver content in a create-once-publish-anywhere world; with Sorenson Squeeze 6.0.4, you can optimize content in a variety of formats for web or DVD delivery, author DVDs and Blu-ray Discs on Windows, and burn discs on Windows and Macs

There are two ways to get the Production Suite.  Either by purchasing the shippable box version of Media Composer, or you can buy the Production Suite separately if you had only originally purchased the Downloadable version of MC.  Being though that you have Avid DVD, then it would seem you have the Production Suite already.  

• Mon, May 23 2011 11:18 PM In reply to

• gregae89
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 14
    • Points 230

I have the academic verison, it only comes w/ MC and Avid DVD.

• Mon, May 23 2011 11:24 PM In reply to

gregae89:
    I have the academic verison

Ah.  You mentioned needing this for exported for client approval, is this a paying client?

• Mon, May 23 2011 11:31 PM In reply to

• gregae89
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 14
    • Points 230

No its for a charity.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller