Latest post Mon, Apr 4 2011 7:46 PM by Dom Q. Silverio. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 3 2011 12:52 PM

• Jroom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 3 2011
    • OZ
    • Posts 10
    • Points 125

best way to do time lapse

hey guys. im new here and have a question.

I have hunderds of photos I want to make into timelapse. The only way i have found to import the photos is at 1 second. I want them to only be about 5 frames. Is there a way i can change them all rather then one at a time on the timeline.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

j

edit - thanks to

• AndrewAction and a bit of searching I found a way that worked. I made an inmark then a frame next a out mark. work great.

Or import all clips with a duration set at 1 second.

Then with your graphics bin in script view select all clips you want use.
    Press T to set marks at both ends.

Press Q to go to mark in.

Press 2 key once to advance 10 frames.

Press I key to mark in
    Press W key to go to out.

Press 1 key to go back 10 frames.

Press O ley to Mark out.

All clips are now marked IN and Out with a duration of 10 frames which will give you three shots per second in NTSC. Drag all the clips to your timeline

Mac book pro MC v5.5.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 4 2011 7:46 PM In reply to

Re: best way to do time lapse

You can auto import sequential files. Make sure you have the box "Auto-detect sequential files".

If the pictures are labeled correctly (numerical value somewhere in the name) it will import all the files as ONE big video.

From here just use it like any video clip. Slow it down to desired value (motion FX) to get the timing you desire.

MC 8.2, Windows 8.1, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Crucial 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OS X 10.9.2, MC 8... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller