Latest post Tue, Sep 3 2013 3:20 PM by 536-KICSW-77. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 25 2011 2:18 PM

• Graham
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 31 2010
    • Tampa, FL
    • Posts 14
    • Points 370

Tweaking Vocals With Elastic Pitch In Pro Tools

If you are using Pro Tools 8 or 9 then you have access to a super easy to use and great sounding plugin called Elastic Pitch. As part of the Elastic Audio engine, Elastic Pitch allows you to make quick tweaks to any piece of audio in your Pro Tools sessions, shifting notes or regions up or down in pitch without affecting the sound quality. Today's video covers making some tweaks to a vocal melody and harmony in a session. Enjoy!

• Sat, May 28 2011 1:47 AM In reply to

Re: Tweaking Vocals With Elastic Pitch In Pro Tools

If I can get the elastic pitch to work it will save me about $900. Wow!

• Sat, May 28 2011 2:20 AM In reply to

Very cool. I wonder what range of semi-tones up and down you can go before it starts to sound processed.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, May 28 2011 1:15 PM In reply to

I am getting a message that says "No Elastic Audio Region Selected". I am unable to make the selection like the U-tube vidio illustrates. I am using the Mac Version. I started out with Pro Tools LE 7, and now have ubgraded to LE 8.0.5. My screen does not look the same as what I see in my instructions book. I have never dealt with regions.

• Sun, May 29 2011 1:08 AM In reply to

BTW Graham, what's the name of the artist? I like what I was hearing.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, May 30 2011 3:22 PM In reply to

• Graham
    • Not Ranked
    • Tampa, FL
    • Posts 14
    • Points 370

Hi Larry,

His name is Keilan. You can download his music from his website: www.KeilanMusic.com

• Mon, May 30 2011 3:24 PM In reply to

• Graham
    • Not Ranked
    • Tampa, FL
    • Posts 14
    • Points 370

Michael, 

You'll need to highlight a portion of audio on the track and then hit Command+E to separate it to it's own region. Then elastic pitch will work on that cut up region of audio.

Graham

• Mon, May 30 2011 4:07 PM In reply to

Thank you, Graham!

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Sep 3 2013 3:20 PM In reply to

Grahm thanks; this information is "WOW!!!!!!"  The power of knowledge is very valuable..........

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller