Latest post Mon, Feb 6 2012 6:17 PM by Lord Fluff. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 24 2011 6:00 AM

Wacom Bamboo Touch Small Tablet vs. Wacom Intuos4 Small Pen Tablet

I've used the Wacom Intuos4 Small Pen Tablet and it seemed fine, BUT I don't feel I was taking full advantage of it. I just came accross the Wacom Bamboo Touch Small Tablet and it seems like it would do what I need the tablet for in AVID.

Can anyone give me any positive/negative feedback of the Wacom Bamboo Touch Small Tablet? it's over $100 cheaper so I was thinking about going with this one, but I did read somewhere that people where having some issues with it working with AVID..but it was on a Windows platform...hmmmm.

thanks in advance for any input!

Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Thu, Mar 24 2011 10:58 AM In reply to

• Euchrow
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 15 2006
    • Brussels, Belgium
    • Posts 263
    • Points 3,435

Re: Wacom Bamboo Touch Small Tablet vs. Wacom Intuos4 Small Pen Tablet

The Intuos tablet sort of 'feels' a lot better and more comfortable than the Bamboo/Graphire series. I own both and prefer the Intuos M. I use the other one when I'm editing on my laptop. I don't use the hotkeys and scrollwheel on the Intuos though. No compatibility issues on Mac whatsoever.

Symphony 8.3 on Mac Pro Westmere 3.33Ghz 6 core, 48Gb Ram, Radeon 5770, Yosemite 10.10.1, Matrox MXO2 Mini 4.5 - MC 8.3 on MacBook Pro Retina 2.6 GHz,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 25 2011 4:02 AM In reply to

thanks for your input...i might try out the Bamboo Tablet. If I don't like it, I guess I can return it.

Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 4 2012 8:17 PM In reply to

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 7 2011
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

bump ahead!

What about the Wacom tablets on Avid MC6 (on a Mac)?

Any conflicts there?

• Mon, Feb 6 2012 6:17 PM In reply to

• Lord Fluff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 15 2011
    • London
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,445

No problems here with Mac and Wacom. Personally I'd say to try a bigger tablet if you can - I use one that has about A4 active area (so about A3 size altogether) and I much prefer it to a smaller one.

HP z820, Decklink Extreme+, Areca RAID, Artist Colour, Symphony 6 // MBP17, UltraStudio3D, Pegasus TB RAID, MC6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller