Latest post Sat, Mar 19 2011 8:47 PM by avidisbetterthanfcp. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 19 2011 12:03 AM

Anyone ever mirror two entire Unity setups this way?

For MC 5.0.3.8 and Unity 5.1.3

I may have to have all of my media and projects completely mirrored between two entire unities to support 40+ edit bays for one show.  To clarify, each Unity will have an identical copy of the media and master clips, but the sequences and editor work will differ between the two.  Each unity will have two, 8GB chassis each.  We are strictly doing this for extra seat licenses, we actually only need 16GB for all of the media and clip information.

Has anyone ever run a setup like this for extra seat licenses?

Also, is there anyway to have the 2nd Unity automatically copy media over from the first one through some kind of software other than manually copying media every day and every time new media comes into the system?  I'm already fairly sure I'll have to manually move project/clip information when needed, because that is going to change independently on either given unity, but the media will be an identical copy.

Work Media Composer v5.0.3.9 22 edit bays (Nitris DX/Mojo DX/Software only) 2 Symphony Nitris bays MacPro Nehalem 8-cores, OS 10.6.4 Offline Unity... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 19 2011 4:59 PM In reply to

Re: Anyone ever mirror two entire Unity setups this way?

Hi,

Will the (2) Unities be in same building? Or will you be sending media over the internet?

Thanks,

Lorenzo Sgroi

www.pacificpostrentals.com

www.asset-terminal.com

• Sat, Mar 19 2011 8:47 PM In reply to

Re: Anyone ever mirror two entire Unity setups this way?

The two Unities will be in the same building.

Work Media Composer v5.0.3.9 22 edit bays (Nitris DX/Mojo DX/Software only) 2 Symphony Nitris bays MacPro Nehalem 8-cores, OS 10.6.4 Offline Unity... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller