Latest post Mon, Mar 14 2011 2:14 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 14 2011 1:51 PM

• mbr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 12 2007
    • Charlotte area, North Carolina
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

problem importing some Aiptek .mov files

One file imported fine into MV 5.0.3, the others only play audio and display the opaque white screen. They do the same thing in CS5 Premier Pro; however, they play both video and audio from my desktop in the VLC player, so I know I recorded video. What import setting do I need to change?

MC 7, FX6.3, Squeeze 8.5, Win 7 Pro SP 1, 64-bit on Dell Precision T7600 8core E5-2687W, 3.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Quadro 4000 (offline); MC 6.0.1.1., Windows... [view my complete system specs]

mbrstudio

• Mon, Mar 14 2011 1:54 PM In reply to

Re: problem importing some Aiptek .mov files

Hi,

It sounds like the codec used to create the problem files might be causing the problem.  Do the .mov files play in Quicktime?  If so, you should be able to link to them using AMA and play them that way (or transcode them if your system isn't fast enough to play them).

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 7.0.3 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Mar 14 2011 2:03 PM In reply to

• mbr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 12 2007
    • Charlotte area, North Carolina
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Hi, Carl,

Thanks for your speedy reply.

No, I only get audio (and black screen) in QT Pro player. The system I'm working on is an i7 Sony Vaio with 6GB RAM and a 72,000rpm HD. I haven't had it very long, but it seems pretty fast. And one of the files imported fine. I quite possibly changed a setting because I've been working on other projects in XDCAM EX and HDV at the same time. But I promised a student I'd edit and convert these Aiptek files to .wmv for his PowerPoint...arghhh.

MC 7, FX6.3, Squeeze 8.5, Win 7 Pro SP 1, 64-bit on Dell Precision T7600 8core E5-2687W, 3.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Quadro 4000 (offline); MC 6.0.1.1., Windows... [view my complete system specs]

mbrstudio

• Mon, Mar 14 2011 2:14 PM In reply to

Hi,

mbr:
    I only get audio (and black screen) in QT Pro player.

What codec was used to create the files?  Press CTRL+i in Quicktime to get the movie inspector up to tell you what codec it was.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 7.0.3 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller