Latest post Mon, Nov 18 2013 9:02 AM by Dr.DOG. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 5 2011 10:54 PM

• dfiasco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 15 2010
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

loading Timeline clips back into the Source monitor

hello,

Is there a way, besides hitting the Match Frame button, to load a clip that you've already placed in the Timeline back into the Source Monitor? It always seems to be the seemingly simple things that stump me!

Thanks for your help.

• Sat, Feb 5 2011 11:00 PM In reply to

Re: loading Timeline clips back into the Source monitor

1) Double click the clip in the bin. Alt double click the clip in bin to display it in a separate pop-up window.

2) Drag the clip from the bin to the source monitor

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Feb 5 2011 11:32 PM In reply to

• dfiasco
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

Thanks Larry. I know how to load clips from the bin - I'm specifically wondering if there's a way to go right from the clip in the Timeline to the Source monitor (i.e. double-clicking it).

• Sat, Feb 5 2011 11:42 PM In reply to

Well, that's exactly what the match frame function does for you. With a single click, it not only loads the clip into the source monitor, it automatically adds a mark in at the point where your blue position bar is on that clip in the timeline. Great way to re-establish sound sync. Further, reverse match frame mapped to the source monitor will find that clip in the timeline.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Feb 5 2011 11:43 PM In reply to

Assuming you have Match Frame mapped to the KB mind me asking what you want to achieve that 1 match frame keystroke does not?

• Sun, Feb 6 2011 12:25 AM In reply to

• dfiasco
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

Thanks, both of you. I'm not necessarily trying to achieve anything, I was just wondering if there was another way of doing the same thing, or if Match Frame was the way to go. That answers my question!

• Sun, Feb 6 2011 12:33 AM In reply to

You're quite welcome. We're here to help.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:55 AM In reply to

• Martin V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 27 2008
    • Posts 34
    • Points 490

Hi Larry. Thank you for being so helpful and so knowledgeable. 

Match frame is great when it comes to load a clip back in the source monitor. But the clip I want to load has an effect applied (color effect) and I want to see it in the source monitor with the effect already applied. Is there any way to load it with its effect in the source monitor?

Thank you so much. 

Martín

iMac 27"-MacOS 10.12.6 - 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 - 8GB GB 1600 Mhz DDR3-Avid MC 2018.4 + 27" Cinema display [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 19 2013 1:17 AM In reply to

Hi Martin:

Afraid not, at least not the way you can apply effects on the source side in FCP. The workarounds would be either (A) create a sub-sequence of just that clip and load the sub-sequence in the source monitor or (B) do a video mixdown of the clip with it's effect.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Apr 19 2013 3:06 AM In reply to

You can do what you want FX and all..mark in an out around the desired clips with the respective tracjs highlihjted, and hit option c..presto. in the source moniter and you can repatch at will. 

iMAC (late 2015) 4GHZ i7 - 32GB RAM - AMD R9 M395X 4GB 512 SSD BOOT BM Ultra Studio Express w/Driver 10.5.4. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 19 2013 4:00 AM In reply to

The way I do it is select the clip and then hit Alt-Cmd-C. That loads my selection into the Source monitor.

Hope that helps. 

2 x 3.06 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 19 2013 6:57 AM In reply to

• Martin V
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 34
    • Points 490

Thank you everybody. I remembered something + C but what I tried wasn't successful. Thank you very much for you quick responses.

iMac 27"-MacOS 10.12.6 - 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 - 8GB GB 1600 Mhz DDR3-Avid MC 2018.4 + 27" Cinema display [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 19 2013 11:05 AM In reply to

Martin:

Mark the region on the sequence and then CMD + OPTION + c to copy it as a sub-sequence to the source window.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:54 PM In reply to

• Martin V
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 34
    • Points 490

Thank you Larry. I'll do that.

• Mon, Nov 18 2013 7:48 AM In reply to

• Editosaurus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 11 2012
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 54
    • Points 615

Well, unfortunately match frame doesn't do "exactly" this. Because it doesn't retain the clip's in and out points.

If it did you could effectively set your subclips in your timeline by doing a string out and nipping out all the rubbish then load each of the remaining clips into the source monitor and make them subclips from there. But it appears you can only make sub-sequences this way.

2014 MacPro, 6 Core 3.5GHz Intel Xeon E5, 64Gb RAM. Dual AMD FirePro D700 Graphics. OSX 10.10.3 Avid MC 7.0.4.3 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller