Latest post Fri, Jan 28 2011 10:27 PM by motionsickness. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 28 2011 3:28 AM

Capture "Lack of progress" Message.

G'day,

Joined the club today, so yeah a real newbie...

I am finding my way around MC5. The most annoying thing is when I am in CAPTURE and downloading from tape on my Canon XHA1s, I continue to get a message saying "Capture stopped due to lack of progress". I was hoping I would be able to set up capture and walk away until the tape was finished. Anyone know if there is a way I can be rid of this problem. I dont know whether it's a camera issue or a capture setting that I don't have correct.

Your help would be appreciated and I'm certain to have more queries as I work my way through the Avid.

Cheers from OZ.

Stu. 

Filed under:
  • Fri, Jan 28 2011 3:57 AM In reply to

Re: Capture "Lack of progress" Message.

If you dont need timecode deselect it and the machine control in the capture window.

Start the capture and press play on the camera. It should automatically stop recording at the end of the recorded vision with an option to keep or discard captured media.

If you need TC you can still use the above method and add TC with the Modify option after capture.   (play back in the camera and find the TC at the first camera cut. Then in the Avid clip  back time from the first camera cut to the start of the captured clip to find the start TC to use in the modify timecode option.

• Fri, Jan 28 2011 7:46 AM In reply to

• Chris Aust
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Munich
    • Posts 436
    • Points 4,765
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Hi,

does MC see the camera by name? Did you take a look into the console if there is additional info?

I remember I had a similar issue some time ago. Restarting everything including the camera did help for me...

cheers

-chris

MC/Symphony 8.7.2 | VMware Workstation 14 virtual Interplay on Ubuntu Linux 16.04 4.15.03| Dell XPS 15 |||| obsolete MacBookPro 17", 2.5GHz Quad Core... [view my complete system specs]

Chris Aust

Munich, Germany

Avid Workflow Consultant | ACI | Trainer

Splash!Zone

• Fri, Jan 28 2011 7:47 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,411
    • Points 63,410

Welcome to the forums motionsickness, and g'day to You too; make sure that the project settings (frame rate and raster size) match the tape settings.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Fri, Jan 28 2011 9:35 AM In reply to

• gswilson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 4 2010
    • Belfast, Ireland - now, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    • Posts 306
    • Points 3,995

This is a known Bug in MC5.

See this thread for details.

Gerry

MC 2018.10, Win 10 Pro CE, Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti GPU(Driver 399.07),Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 28 2011 10:14 PM In reply to

G'day and thanks for your reply; I have done as you suggested but haven't had chance to test it yet. Interesting reply from "Gerry" who points out that this is a known MC5 bug when coupled to my model camera.

Many thanks and cheers

Stu.

Filed under:
  • Fri, Jan 28 2011 10:20 PM In reply to

Hi Chris,

You raise an interesting question... MC5 does see the camera, however when I am choosing a deck and select Canon I see a short list of 5 camera choices (mine not being listed) I select a similar camera. I did at some point see a much larger list under Canon that did include the XHA1s but I have tried many times to find that drop down list again but to no avail.

Many thanks for your response.

Stu.

• Fri, Jan 28 2011 10:23 PM In reply to

G'day Gerry,

I appreciate your reply and the bug fits my set up. I have had a number of good suggestions from others also that should help me find a way around the problem.

Cheers...

Stu.

• Fri, Jan 28 2011 10:27 PM In reply to

Hi and great to hear from you. I have checked my settings as you recommended and they appear to be fine. I think the collective response from members will fix my issue (even with the bug).

Good luck...

Stu. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller