Latest post Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:57 PM by mjolnarn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 14 2010 1:16 PM

• nordenthal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 9 2010
    • Posts 7
    • Points 115

"Avid DVD by Sonic" - Authoring without transcoding?

Does exist any new information about a possibility to use "Avid DVD" only for authoring?

I have MC 5 and produced a HD project (1080i).

Then I transcoded the product with MainConcept into AVCHD - an exprensive but excellent encoder with results in super quality - and ac3 sound.

Now I only need an authoring software. "Avid DVD" was included in the MC-package, so I tried to create a blu-ray with this software. But unfortunately the software began to transcode my h264-file...

Any suggests? Any news in regard to this problem?

Thanks, Martin

Filed under: , ,
  • Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:57 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Re: "Avid DVD by Sonic" - Authoring without transcoding?

When it comes to bluray creation, Avid Dvd has two options, either to use Mpeg 2 or Vc 1 files.

For Mpeg 2, Avid Dvd has a built in encoder, for VC 1, the files needs to be preencoded.

Avchd files are not supported in Avid Dvd, if you need that, you might look at other solutions.

I would however recommend to take a look at the Vc 1 file alternative in Avid Dvd before starting lookiing for other apps, Sorenson Squeeze is able to create them directly from a QT ref and have ready made presets for that.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:44 PM In reply to

• nordenthal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 9 2010
    • Posts 7
    • Points 115

The problem is not that the AVCHD would not be imported by AVID DVD. They has been imported - I only don't need any "transcoding actions". The software should be able to compile a blu-ray without any transcoding.

If there is no other way I will change to a MAC and import my .264-file and my .ac3-file into ADOBE ENCORE, this software, as I heard, should be able to do what I wish.

• Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:57 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

If you absolutely need to create bd discs with avchd files, encore is one of the apps that can do that

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller