Latest post Thu, Dec 12 2013 12:44 AM by Laurie Hughes. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 13 2010 9:13 AM

• konx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 13 2010
    • Zurich
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

can't export aaf

hi there, this is my first post. but it's quite urgent (as usual...).

i have to export an aaf file for our audio post, but the export always crashes and the avid shows the following message: "Assertion failed: Big_Trouble 
    File:/Snapshots/releng.relengintel7_1260842571/vobs/coresw/ame/Projects/Mac/../../src/msmdb/LocalVolume.c, Line 3585"

what could be the problem here? i tried a lot. also to rebuilt the settingsfile from the project and to rebuilt the media database... nothing works...

i'm using avid media composer v4.0.5.

if anyone could help me out there i would really appreciate a lot! thanks! 

• Mon, Dec 13 2010 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: can't export aaf

Are you exporting video and audio for the AAF?

Do you have AMA clips in the timeline?

• Mon, Dec 13 2010 3:57 PM In reply to

Also, can you export any portion of the sequence?  Cut it up into smaller segments just to see if there is something corrupted in the media.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Dec 13 2010 4:12 PM In reply to

• konx
    • Not Ranked
    • Zurich
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

hi both of you, thanks so much for your help! to AndrewAction: no, i don't have ama files on the timeline as far as i know... the footage was shot on xdcam, sound in wave (some in aiff). and i just wanna export audio..

to Kevin Klimek: i tried that too: it also happens with a 1min long sequence...

thanks again for your help!

• Mon, Dec 13 2010 4:29 PM In reply to

Make a copy of your sequence, delete the video tracks, and try again.

Just to double-check: was your audio imported OMF or MXF?

Also, can you do a screen grab of your export settings?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Dec 13 2010 10:40 PM In reply to

• konx
    • Not Ranked
    • Zurich
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

thanks again for your kind help! 

after another three hours in front of my avid composer i found the reason (i was so stupid and the solution so simple):

i tried to consolidate the audio media files into the same folder as the aaf - which seems to be an impossible thing with avid, who needs all mediafiles in the "avid media files" folder direct on a harddisk. so: i just had to consolidate/transcode all audio from the sequence to a harddisk, then export a link only aaf. that simple.

sorry to bother you! i'm still learning...

all the best from switzerland

• Thu, Dec 12 2013 12:44 AM In reply to

I am having this error with aafs. MC 6.5

Its only on reimporting the aaf I have made that it becomes apparent.

FYI

solution was to commit group clips and then decompose and export the aaf from the decomposed sequence.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller