Latest post Tue, Jun 22 2010 8:08 AM by djinnhouse. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:24 PM

• djinnhouse
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Beyrouth
    • Posts 26
    • Points 315

canon 7d to dvd

Hi,

I'm on MC 3.5 and its my first feature shot in canon 7D, in black and white. I've imported rushes as mxf 180  I'm trying to do a clean dvd for screening purpose and I have bad results with very dark shots as well as fade to or from black. I used 2 methods: direct recording on an external dvd recorder via component output on analg mojo, and quick time ref into toast titanium with best quality encoding. On old tv evrything is nice but on lcd, it really look bad. Do I have to transcode or change anything? Thank you in advance.

Michele

• Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:47 PM In reply to

Re: canon 7d to dvd

It's really hard to say where the issue is coming from without knowing whether or not your monitors/TV have been calibrated to color bars or not.

• Tue, Jun 22 2010 8:08 AM In reply to

• djinnhouse
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Beyrouth
    • Posts 26
    • Points 315

Re: canon 7d to dvd

The film is black and white. For example, if I play my quick time on my screen there's no problem, if I play the encoded dvd, the problem occurs on long dissolves from black. The result is an image that is almost flickering.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller