Latest post Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:59 PM by shaunmichael. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:00 PM

Eligible for free upgrade?

Hi guys,

Firstly, I apologise if the information I'm after is already posted.  I've read a couple of the new threads on Downloading MC5 but am not getting anywhere.

I bought an upgrade from MC v3.5 to MCv4 on 13th April 2010 after I'd noted that if I bought after 12th April ("Media Composer 5 is coming soon, but why wait? Buy or upgrade to Media Composer 4, starting April 12, 2010, and get a free upgrade to Media Composer 5 when it’s available." - quote taken from this thread http://community.avid.com/forums/t/82594.aspx?PageIndex=3), I'd be eligible for a free upgrade to MCv5.  Unfortunately I have not received any emails regarding how to d/l the upgrade and it doesn't appear in my "My Products" in my Avid account.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

• Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:10 PM In reply to

Re: Eligible for free upgrade?

By the way, I have ready this:-

Customers that purchased and registered

1) ...a new Avid Media Composer v4.x, Avid Symphony v4.x, or Avid NewsCutter v8.x or…
    2) ...an upgrade from Avid XDV/XPro or Avid Media Composer to Avid Media Composer v4.x or….
    3) ...an upgrade to Avid Symphony v4 or Avid NewsCutter v8...

...between April 12, 2010 and June 10, 2010 are eligible for a download upgrade to the v5 or v9 editing software   Customers that are eligible based on the purchase dates and registration criteria above should be directed to:http://www.avid.com/protect

I'm eligible under point number 2, but when I enter my system details etc it tells me I'm not.  I did receive a "complimentary service access code" when I registered the v4 software.  What's that for? Big Smile

Shaun

• Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:13 PM In reply to

Any customer that bought or will buy the Liquid to Media Composer v4 conversion upgrade and registers the v4 system, is entitled to a free download of Media Composer v5.  Below are the date ranges for notification:

1.         Customers that bought the Liquid to Media Composer v4 conversion upgrade between March 10, 2010 and April 12, 2010 will be sent an email no later than the week of June 14, 2010 with the MC v5 download URL and serial # to activate. 

2.         Customers that bought the Liquid to Media Composer v4 conversion upgrade between April 12, 2010 and June 10, 2010 will be sent an email with the protect site information no later than the week of June 14, 2010. 

3.         Customers that plan to buy the Liquid to Media Composer v4 conversion upgrade between June 10, 2010 and June 30, 2010 will be sent an email the first week in July, 2010 with the MC v5 download URL and serial # to activate. Important note:  This is the only group of customers that will be allowed to download MC v5 after the June 30, 2010 date.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:23 PM In reply to

Thanks, but I upgraded from MC v3.5 to MCv4, not Liquid.

Shaun

• Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:46 PM In reply to

Hi Shaun,

You're eligible.  Try going to www.avid.com/protect and see if the site recognizes your system ID.  If it does just follow the instructions.  If it doesn't (you have to have registered, and even then some people are having trouble), send an email to Marianna (marianna.montague@avid.com) who will help you get it straightened out.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:59 PM In reply to

Hi Carl,

Thanks for that.  Yes, I have tried the www.avid.com/protect address but was denied access saying I was not eligible, and yes, my system and dongle was registered, and yes I have just sent an email to Marianna outlining the problem and I'm sure when she has the time my problem will be resolved.

Thanks again for your reply.

Shaun

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller