Latest post Mon, Jul 26 2010 3:18 AM by Randall L. Rike. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 9 2010 12:30 AM

Avid.com password username nightmare

Avid.com has got me going in circles trying to synchronize my usernames and passwords.

I activated ProTools 8 LE in 2008, Avid Video community forums in 2009, and downloaded MC4 educational upgrade in 2009. Now Avid.com is trying to sync all 3 of my usernames and passwords and it has made a huge mess. And it says it doesn't recognize my email address when I go to the video downloads section.

What a complete mess. Sometimes AVID.com wants a username and sometimes it wants an email address.

Where can I go to reset everything and start over? I'm trying to clear all of this up in anticipation of my MC5 for education upgrade.

Thanks,

Richard

RT@TAZZ.US

Richard

• Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: Avid.com password username nightmare

Hi Richard,

I've sent an email to Marianna Montague letting her know you're having trouble.  She should be in touch soon.  If you don't hear from her by the close of business today (June 9th), send her an email at marianna.montague@avid.com.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:12 PM In reply to

• Pif
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid Tewksbury
    • Posts 202
    • Points 2,305

Hi Richard, sorry for the trouble you are experiencing.

Unfortunately you are not alone. That said, today we plan to deploy a new set of account management screens from avid.com that hopefully make it a little easier and more clear to create (or access) your single Avid Master Account and link any other Avid applications to this account. I'll try to clarify what these accounts are and how they work, and hopefully from this you can quickly determine what, if anything, you need to do.

As of April of this year, logging in to any avid.com domain now requires a single Avid Master Account. If you've previously set up an account via the Avid (or Digi) store (account.avid.com and shop.avid.com) then your Avid Master Account was automatically created from that account - master account and store account are essentially the same thing.

Currently only two other Avid applications can be linked to this master account - the Avid Download Center (esd.avid.com) and this Community site (community.avid.com). Later today after we deploy the new account management process you can go to avid.com and log in to your master account. Then go to My Account and from that screen you can see whether or not the system has linked either the Community or ESD accounts; if not there are links to link these accounts. Also on this page is direct access into all the features of the Avid Store (account.avid.com), such as products you've downloaded and registrations/activations.

If for some reason you cannot access your master account, or you believe you might have two master accounts set up, please reply here or contact Marianna directly. We should be able to sync up these accounts for you.

Again, I'm really sorry for the confusion, and I hope the update later today will help clarify your accounts for you.

<Mike />

Mike Pifalo

Sr. Web Producer, Onling Mktg and User Experience

http://www.avid.com

• Sun, Jul 25 2010 10:18 PM In reply to

• troyknight
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 25 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

I am having the same problem - going around in circles.  Please help.

Troy Knight

tknight@pasadenaisd.org

• Mon, Jul 26 2010 3:18 AM In reply to

Same here.  I try to go to the Download Center.  I takes me to the login screen where you use you login name & passowrd.  I fill that out.  Try again to get to the DL Center.  Next it takes me to the login screen where you use your e-mail, and has check boxes for "Remember Me" and "Link, etc. ".  Well, gosh, if you needed that, please take me there first, instead of having me fill out two screens.  I get the whole SSO methodology, but it's not working well, and is somewhat annoying.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller