Latest post Sun, Apr 25 2010 11:58 PM by AndrewAction. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 25 2010 9:44 PM

• titohawaii
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 14 2006
    • Hawaii
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,180

un-collapse

i am experimenting with the collapse feature. i seem to have trouble "un collapsing" by following any of the options mentioned in the manual. could someone give me a step by step. MC v3

aloha

tito

HP Workstation xw8200 PNY nVIDIA QUADRO FX 3450 PCI-E 4GB DDR2-400 ECC REGISTERED RAM 300GB SATA-II DRIVE (1ST) 300GB SATA-II DRIVE (2ND) ADS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 25 2010 9:53 PM In reply to

Re: un-collapse

Hi Tito,

Here's what I'd do:

1. Step into the collapsed effect.

2. Mark in to out.

3. ALT+copy to clipboard

The collapsed section is now loaded in the source monitor without the collapse; un-collapsed, in other words.

4. Overwrite the un-collapsed section back into the sequence.

Hope that helps.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer | Software (8.0) w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Apr 25 2010 10:23 PM In reply to

This is my workflow for before doing any collapse or mixdown.

Save the sequence before collapsing.

Duplicate the sequence and name the duplicate as xxx collapse date time.

Duplicate sequences make it very easy to get back to a pre collapsed or mixed down timeline.

Please make Enter Slip and Enter Slide mode selection available for mapping (to buttons or KB) via the Command Palette.

• Sun, Apr 25 2010 11:17 PM In reply to

I logged a features request for an "uncollapse" function quite a while ago.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Apr 25 2010 11:39 PM In reply to

• titohawaii
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 14 2006
    • Hawaii
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,180

thank you all for your quick response.

i duplicate anything i am going to mixdown so i will follow the same procedure with the collapse function and save the subclip in the appropriate bin.

what threw me off was page 254 of my bible (avid advance effects guide) where under to open the nested tracks again:

those funtions did not work. i have not run across much in the manuals that does not work if i do it correctly so i thought i was missing a step.

aloha

tito

HP Workstation xw8200 PNY nVIDIA QUADRO FX 3450 PCI-E 4GB DDR2-400 ECC REGISTERED RAM 300GB SATA-II DRIVE (1ST) 300GB SATA-II DRIVE (2ND) ADS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 25 2010 11:49 PM In reply to

When you collapse a section of the timeline, a submaster effect is created. You can step into and out of that submaster clip just like you can any other nested effect to get to the original elements. Just use the up and down arrow key buttons on the timeline toolbar. You can also double click the submaster and have the collapsed layers revealed above the timeline.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Apr 25 2010 11:58 PM In reply to

Larry Rubin:
    I logged a features request for an "uncollapse" function quite a while ago.
    I wonder how difficult it would be to convert the current nesting model to a Container model? Instead of Alt drag effect to nest effects something like Alt (new FX button) to open a track based container and have something like the possibilities already existing Avid FX.

Please make Enter Slip and Enter Slide mode selection available for mapping (to buttons or KB) via the Command Palette.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller