Latest post Tue, Apr 6 2010 3:48 PM by Marianna. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 6 2010 3:48 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,677
    • Points 211,325
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

How to Join the Community and Write a Post

Avid Community--the web site powered by media pros and enthusiasts--is open to everyone. All you need to get started collaborating and contributing is to become a member. Becoming a member is free, takes less than a minute and only requires a valid email address.

Let's get started with this tip by joining the Community and writing our first post in the Forums.

We'll start by clicking the join link in the upper-right hand corner of the site. That takes us to the registration page. From here, we'll need to select a sign-in name. A sign-in name will be used to identify you across the site, as a handle on Forum and Blog posts, as well as your profile page. Some members choose to use their real names to promote their freelance career, their company names to promote their business, or a pseudonym to remain anonymous. Which ever your choice, you can enter it here...in my case, it's my full name.

Next, enter a valid email address and re-enter it in the third box. You will receive your Community password at the email address you submit. This email address will never be publicly visible, it will only be used by Avid to communicate information related to Avid Community and for other members to send private messages through the site. Other members will not see or know your email address.

Finally, select your time zone, review the site terms, and check the box if you agree. You will receive your password by email after clicking the Join Now button.

After you receive your password by email, login to the site. The login button can be found in the upper right-hand corner. Enter the sign-in name you selected, the password you received by email and click the sign-in button. You know you're logged into Avid Community when you see your sign-in name displayed. You're now ready to participate.

Let's start with our first Forum post. The Forums are primarily grouped into products and general discussions. Before you post, review the available forums to see which would be a best fit for your question. For this tutorial, I'm going to create a new post in "Test Posts" Forum and you can do the same, in order to practice.

Clicking on the "Write a New Post" button takes us to the compose screen. From here we can enter the title of the post in the subject line, and the question in the main body. In future tutorials I'll cover all the options on this screen in more detail, but for now clicking the "Post" button in the lower-right hand corner makes the post we just wrote live in the Forum.

If we were reading a post already written by another Community member, clicking the "Reply" button allows us to submit a respond or follow-up question to this thread. Only registered Community Members can create and reply to threads.

That's all it takes to collaborate and contribute on the site powered by media pros and enthusiasts, just like you.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller