Latest post Mon, Mar 8 2010 2:03 PM by BLKDOG. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 8 2010 12:37 PM

• Mike Shaw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Kent, United Kingdom
    • Posts 1,424
    • Points 19,730

Suddenly, sadness falls...

The full implications of Liquid's final demise struck home over the weekend. Yes - there is the incredible opportunity to move onto something with more capability.  But something else has been lost ... the 'fun' we had - some of us - beta testing.  Now of course, we have been without that experience for three years - as far as Liquid is concerned that is (I am involved in other betas.  But they're just not the same, somehow... )

The Liquid test arena was quite unique in a way - energetic, intensive, friendly, co-operative.  Above all, the team members were very close, and supportive.  It was like a club: I guess all beta tests are pretty much the same - but some are more the same than others (to paraphrase George Orwell!).  They were certainly among the best I've ever been on.

Suddenly realised over the weekend, with all the euphoria of playing with MC, I shall miss those old betas, pushing things to the limit to try to make it go wrong. 

Happy days.  Sorry for the brief tear-shedding intrusion, but its good to reminisce occasionally!!

MC6.0.3.2 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2 MB, Intel i7-950 3.06Ghz, 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM, 1x500GB, 3x1TB HDrives, 2+1TB Network drives, nVidia Quadro FX1800... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 8 2010 2:03 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Suddenly, sadness falls...

Mike,

I'm going to say that discussions like these, about missing Liquid and what Liquid is/was, are best posted over on Pinnacle's forums. I'm going to move this to the Liquid archives but, in the future, let's discuss the Pros/Cons of Liquid over on Pinaacle's forums and leave these fora to discussions about Avid products

Thanks

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller