Latest post Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:44 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 28 2010 8:23 PM

• genglehardt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Kutztown, PA
    • Posts 54
    • Points 800

Media Access Volume Manager

Running version 4.0.2 with success for a period of time.  Suddenly, today,  when I tried to launch AVID MC, the application does not load but hangs on the Media Composer splash screen.  At the bottom of the splash screen is says, "Initiating Avid Media Acess Volume Manager".  I assumed that MC became corrupted and uninstalled MC 402 and installed Version 4.0.5.  No change, it still hangs on "Initiating.....Manager".  Any suggestions. 

Dell T5500 w/8 Gig ram, dual quad 3.0 xeons, storage on 4 TB G-Raid (esata), FX3700, Win 7 x64, MC6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 28 2010 8:56 PM In reply to

Re: Media Access Volume Manager

Hi,

It may help to delete your media database files.  Exit Avid. Then open up your Avid MediaFiles folder and find all the database files (named msmFMID.pmr and msmMMOB.mdb). Delete them. Restart Avid, and the system will rebuild them. See if that fixes your problem.

good luck,

Carl

Media Composer | Software (8.0) w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:38 PM In reply to

• genglehardt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Kutztown, PA
    • Posts 54
    • Points 800

Carl,

Thank you, you got me to the answer.  The media database files did not help, however, during that exercise, I oened the DVD burner and found a blank DVD.  Removing it solved my problem......boy am I red faced!!

Gary

Dell T5500 w/8 Gig ram, dual quad 3.0 xeons, storage on 4 TB G-Raid (esata), FX3700, Win 7 x64, MC6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:44 PM In reply to

You're welcome, Gary!  I'm glad i was able to help, even if indirectly.  :)

Carl

Media Composer | Software (8.0) w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller