Latest post Tue, Jul 8 2014 10:35 PM by CANTJOIN. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 23 2010 12:35 AM

• jdrouette
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 400
    • Points 5,220

Mojo DX Overheating?

For the past two days, I've been getting an intermittent message:

Exception: HagridBase: Err: 1531 0 l -999415 l /Snapshots/relengintel5_126558_releng/HWsupport/Legend/Hagrid/proj/mac/Driver/../../../src/kernel/HWctl/LK_IOCTdispatch.cpp l 1558 l Errr Msg: The Avid DX hardware is overheating

The DX has good ventilation and does not feel hot to the touch.

I usually keep the BOB connected and on standby when the computer is turned off, so I tried unplugging it overnight and got through most of a day without issues, but then the message returned.

Could something else be happening?

jd

Avid Media Composer 2019.6 Symphony option, Avid Artist DNxID (DNxID Desktop Video Application v11.0), macOS 10.14.5, iMac Pro (2017) 10-Core, 3.0GHz Intel... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 23 2010 1:02 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,607
    • Points 223,200
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Mojo DX Overheating?

Hi jd......

This is usually the result of a corrupted QuickTime movie, or one that has been created by an unsupported version of QuickTime.

Workaround: 

• Work in Best Performance or Draft Quality
    • Operate software-only. This error only occurs when Nitris DX hardware is present and the QT version is unsupported or the file is corrupt.
    • Import and re-export QuickTime movies on a PC, then import them to the Mac system.

Report back and let us know the outcome.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Feb 23 2010 3:53 AM In reply to

• jdrouette
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 400
    • Points 5,220

Hi Marianna,

Thanks for the info. I'll be working on a different project tomorrow so in theory the corrupted media from the concerned project shouldn't cause problems.

I'll be relieved if the hardware isn't broken. A few media files I can handle!

jd

Avid Media Composer 2019.6 Symphony option, Avid Artist DNxID (DNxID Desktop Video Application v11.0), macOS 10.14.5, iMac Pro (2017) 10-Core, 3.0GHz Intel... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 23 2010 6:11 PM In reply to

This is where I ask again for the error messages to start making sense. 

Why the heck does something come up about hardware overheating because of the wrong version of Quicktime?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Feb 23 2010 6:15 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,607
    • Points 223,200
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Kev...

I scratch my head too....  but since I dont build the beasts, you got me.  I'll poke around in hardware land and see.  At least the hardware side of the house is my domain so I know if they are joshing me.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jun 16 2010 12:10 AM In reply to

• jdrouette
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 400
    • Points 5,220

Hello Marianna,

I'm bringing this thread back because I'm still having this problem in MC5 with new projects and new media. In all cases, it happens while playing back DNxHD clips; 115, 175 and 175 X) in either green, yellow/green or yellow modes.

Here is the new variant on the error message:

Exception: HagridBase: Err: 1531 0 l -999415 l /Snapshots/relengintel8_1274765750/HWsupport/Legend/Hagrid/proj/mac/Driver/../../../src/kernel/HWctl/LK_lOCTdispatch.cpp l 1600 l Errr Msg: The Avid DX hardware is overheating

Please advise.

Thank you!

jd

• Wed, Jun 16 2010 2:48 PM In reply to

• jdrouette
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 400
    • Points 5,220

bump, please.

• Wed, Jun 16 2010 4:47 PM In reply to

Hi jdrouette,

2 questions please:

- Can you run the included "AvidDXTest" utility located in Applications > Utilities > Avid Utilities folder. (Loop back test isn't needed) Once that finishes, please send me the latest file that gets written to the DIAG_LOG_FILES folder.

- Additionally, can you describe the environment where this Mojo DX is located? For example, is it located in a rack with other equipment, is it located in a server room down the hall, etc. If it's easier, you can take a snap shot with a camera & send that to me.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

~Keith

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 17 2010 6:08 AM In reply to

• jdrouette
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 400
    • Points 5,220

Thanks for your reply, Keith. Email sent.

jd

• Fri, Jul 23 2010 4:02 AM In reply to

• AvidHammer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 13 2006
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 170
    • Points 1,925

JD,

Did anything else come from your email?  Where does this stand?  We're currently troubleshooting it as well.  I'd love as much input as I can get.

Thanks!

~Hammer

• Fri, Jul 23 2010 5:01 AM In reply to

• jdrouette
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 400
    • Points 5,220

Hammer, I waited for a few weeks for news from Avid on the subject and never got anywhere, so just yesterday I contacted my local reseller to talk to a technician. His first suggestion was to open the unit (since I've had the Mojo for almost 2 years and it's out of warranty) and clean any dust that might be interfering with the circuitry's ability to accurately detect internal temperatures. I removed the 6 screws on the Mojo's sides and pulled the cover off. The inside and cooling fan *were* quite dusty so I vacuumed thoroughly. Sure enough, I haven't had a single "overheating" message since. It's only been 2 days, but I had been getting error messages almost every 5 minutes of use for the past few weeks, so I'm very encouraged. I hope this works for you as well if you decide to take the risk. Please let me know. jd
  • Fri, Jul 23 2010 5:57 AM In reply to

• AvidHammer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 13 2006
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 170
    • Points 1,925

Thank you for letting me know.  I still have to rule out the "corrupt QT" theory first.  ...especially as this system was purchased about a month ago, and I'd be surprised to find it very dusty.  But it's great to hear that you're making progress, and we have a few options to try. 

Thanks very much!

~Hammer

• Sun, Aug 8 2010 6:21 AM In reply to

Hi John here

I need some urgent help please...

I keep getting this error every 5 seconds when i am using avid mc 5 and a nitris dx...

HagridBase: Err: 0 | -999415 | lk_ioctldispatch.cpp | 1600 | Error Msg: The Avid DX hardware has a malfunctioning fan

I have opened the nitris dx, vacumed and checked that the 2 big fans at the front and the small one in the power supply at the rear appear to run normally. All is well.

Using AvidDXTest i get no errors

However now i still need to do the job today and the error poping up every 5 seconds makes it unworkable.

Please help!

John

• Thu, Jan 27 2011 10:48 PM In reply to

Hey All,

First off, I'm on a 8-core MacPro, Mojo DX hardware, Avid version 5.0.3.7

I don't know how active this thread is anymore, but I'm experiencing the same problems intermittently.  Usually bursts of 5-8 overheating messages in a row, then back to normal for a few hours.

I swapped the Mojo DX out for a Nitris DX and it has performed flawlessly in the same project with the same media.  I really think it's something within the hardware.

Any other information would greatly be appreciated!

Steve

• Fri, Jan 28 2011 12:13 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,520
    • Points 64,065
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Remove the screws on the sides of the Mojo DX, confirm that the fans are operating and give it a dusting for good measure.  See if that makes any difference.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller