Latest post Tue, Jan 24 2006 7:35 AM by kirov. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 24 2006 5:32 AM

Liquid Pro Capture Device

I noticed that the pro's capture device is stated as usb2, but it also has a firewire port.  Can it connect to the pc via firewire, as well, or is that only to connect to the camera?
    Also, will liquid capture from any usb interface or only its own?
    JJ

• Tue, Jan 24 2006 6:11 AM In reply to

• Mack
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Corona, CA
    • Posts 302
    • Points 3,765

Re: Liquid Pro Capture Device

The Pro is connected to the PC via the USB2 and the camera/deck is IEEE1394 to the BOB.
    Avid Liquid 6.1/7.0 ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe, P4 3.4, 1G DDR RAM, ATI 9800 Pro,Pioneer A08 Burner, WinXP Pro SP2, SATA Raid 0 for Video, Avid Liquid 6.1... [view my complete system specs]
    Regards, Mack Your Passport
  • Tue, Jan 24 2006 7:33 AM In reply to

• divia
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Geneva, Switzerland
    • Posts 243
    • Points 2,785

doubleJ wrote:
    I noticed that the pro's capture device is stated as usb2, but it also has a firewire port.  Can it connect to the pc via firewire, as well, or is that only to connect to the camera?
    The FireWire port can be used only to connect to the video deck/camera.

AFAIK AL supports the Pro Box, the MovieBox Deluxe and AV/DV (for EZ capture).
    Cams: SONY DSR-PD150P PAL DV SONY HDR-HC3E PAL HDV 1080i/DV PC: CPU: PentiumD@3.0GHz RAM: 2GB Video: RadeonX800GTO256MB-PCIX System disk: Samsung... [view my complete system specs]
    Roberto Divia` CERN-European Organization for Nuclear Research CH-1211 GENEVE 23, Switzerland
  • Tue, Jan 24 2006 7:35 AM In reply to

• kirov
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Posts 261
    • Points 3,560

doubleJ wrote:
    JJ

To capture analog inside Liquid you need the Pro BOB or a Studio MovieBox Deluxe (not the plain moviebox). A lot of info is in other threads about the second option.

To capture DV inside liquid you just need a firewire port with a camera connected to it.

You can also use another capture program with your firewire port (WinDV or Scenalyzer Live, for example) and import the video into Liquid. You can also capture analog this way if you connect a DV converter to the firewire port (such as the Canopus ADVC100).

You cannot capture through a USB2 port. The USB2 port is for connecting the ProBOB, etc. and the DV  capture done through the firwire port on the box, or analog capture is done through the analog connectors on the box.
    ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe [view my complete system specs]
    LE5.5 (retired), LE6.1 (installed), AL7 (safely sealed in the case and stored in an outer building on the ranch)
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller