Latest post Thu, Sep 1 2016 11:38 PM by AndrewAction. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 18 2010 6:48 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Import/Export Crashes MC Everytime

Yep but, with shared storage, therein lies the rub; You can run one, maybe two systems fine but add the third and BLAMO. At any rate, support won't be able to help you if you are running out of bundle. So, if you bring your system back into line with what is tested and this still happens, I can have a case to make to support but, as long as you're out on the badlands alone, we can't be of much help.

The Unity client is on your MC systems. It's what mounts your workspaces. You can find the version there.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Mon, Jan 18 2010 6:50 PM In reply to

• MarcRose
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 19 2008
    • Rochester, NY
    • Posts 21
    • Points 320

BLKDOG:

Ok, still need the version of Unity and the Unity client tho...

So what is happening is there is a problem with the connection to your storage. We need to check that the ATTO card (Assuming you are fibre connected)'s firmware and Driver versions are right, that the Fibre cable is good and anything else in that storage path we can think of. Something is up in that path to your Unity.

MCs are fibre connected. All have ATTO Celerity FC-41XS adapters. All with driver ver 2.12.2.0.

MC 3.1.3, HP XW8400, 2TB Unity, [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:02 PM In reply to

• MarcRose
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 19 2008
    • Rochester, NY
    • Posts 21
    • Points 320

BLKDOG:

Yep but, with shared storage, therein lies the rub; You can run one, maybe two systems fine but add the third and BLAMO. At any rate, support won't be able to help you if you are running out of bundle. So, if you bring your system back into line with what is tested and this still happens, I can have a case to make to support but, as long as you're out on the badlands alone, we can't be of much help.

The Unity client is on your MC systems. It's what mounts your workspaces. You can find the version there.

So is the Unity client the same thing as the "Avid Unity Connection Manager"? If so, it's shows the same version as the administration tool: 4.0 build 450

MC 3.1.3, HP XW8400, 2TB Unity, [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:13 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Yep, that's the one. Can you start by upgrading to the supported version?

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Thu, Sep 1 2016 11:09 PM In reply to

• Jlorenzen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 4 2011
    • Posts 26
    • Points 315

So this is now happening to me, running on the latest Isis, Avid 8.5.3, tried upgrading to 8.6.1, Uninstaller reinstalled, weirdest issue ever, did you ever find solution?

Avid 8.0 OS Yosemite 10.10 iMac 5k 16gb Ram [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 1 2016 11:38 PM In reply to

You are asking about a 2010 post. I think you would be better to open a new post in the ISIS forum ( Avid ISIS | 2500, 5500 and 7500 ) including details of your setup and the exact isssue you are having.

Good luck

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller