Latest post Thu, Dec 3 2009 10:25 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 3 2009 9:18 AM

panic...sudden problem with transitions

I am having a sudden problem with my crossfades in between slides on a slide show.  it looks fine on the timeline, but when I burn the image for DVD, the crossfades are getting flashing horiztontal lines. I have used Avid Liquid for several years and never had this problem.  Can someone help me?  I have to have this slide show/video ready for memorial service tomorrow! 

thank you!

• Thu, Dec 3 2009 10:25 AM In reply to

Re: panic...sudden problem with transitions

Hi,

Sounds like you might be having an interlacing issue.  In order to get this figured out we'll need to know:

1. What Avid product are you using now?  What is the specific version number?  Mac or PC?

2. What format and frame rate is your source footage?  PAL? NTSC? 30i? 24p?

3. How are you exporting from your Avid editing software to your DVD burning software?  Quicktime reference movie?  Quicktime movie?  Something else?

4. Are you using a conversion program like Sorensen Squeeze to make your video ready for DVD, or are you letting the DVD authoring program do the conversion?

5. What DVD authoring program are you using?

6. Are you seeing the horizontal lines when you play the finished DVD on a DVD player connected to a television, or are you seeing it at one of the stages in between editing and the final DVD?

Finally, you've posted this in the wrong forum, but I'll have the admins move it for you and send you a link to where to find it.  (This forum is for posting questions to Avid executives.  There are specific forums for specific Avid products, and this post belongs in one of those.)  Don't post another copy in a different forum, or it'll make it harder to find you and help you.

good luck,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller