Latest post Wed, Jun 10 2009 5:37 PM by Lakhbir. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 5 2009 7:20 PM

Media 100 to Avid?

I'm working at a client site and they have a few old Media 100 systems here.  All of their work was previously done in M100, but last July they switched over to MC connected to Unity.  

There are a handful of projects that are recurring for them that exist in the M100 and they are wanting to move them over to the Avid for all future work.  Currently, they have been just doing a playout-capture via SDI out of the M100 into MC, but of course, this results in a "flattened sequence".  

I'm looking for suggestions on other ways to get Sequences and clips out of M100 and into an editable format for MC.  EDL's are not an option because of the sheer volume of footage that would need to be re-digitized.  They have looked into AutoDuck, but there is no M100 option.  

I thought exporting as an OMF would give the sequences with cuts and media, but alas in the M100 it is audio only.  

I'm not familiar with M100 at all so I'm at a bit of a loss for understanding what might be possible or not.  Any suggestions are welcomed.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:06 PM In reply to

• mBlaze
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 427
    • Points 4,905

Re: Media 100 to Avid?

Hey Kenton, Does M100 respect the TC in the QT movies? If so, what about using the EDL in conjunction with importing all the QT source?
    Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 on MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]

James Burke
    Video Producer / Editor / Designer
    blog.DVfanatics.com

• Sat, Jun 6 2009 2:32 AM In reply to

Hey Jamie!

Thanks, I will have to double-check that with their other editors who are more familiar with M100.  I think their biggest concern is that this system was used for the last 10-15 yrs and now they have Avid, so they would have a ton of source clips to export, then import into Avid. I'll check on the possibilities on Monday and see what can be done. 

Thanks!

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sat, Jun 6 2009 6:28 AM In reply to

• curiosity
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boulder, CO
    • Posts 832
    • Points 10,505

mBlaze:
    Hey Kenton, Does M100 respect the TC in the QT movies? If so, what about using the EDL in conjunction with importing all the QT source?

The QT CODEC used in M100 is hardware dependant, so the media may not be readable by the MC system. Check this on a few clips before you try anything.

i7-5820(x99), 64GB, Win 8.1, GTX 1080ti [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 10 2009 5:37 PM In reply to

• Lakhbir
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 12 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Any follow up re: M100 to MC conversion?  I have 10-15 year old project on M100 that I would like to transfer on MC3.5.  Any advice?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller