Latest post Wed, Sep 8 2010 5:38 PM by Larry Rubin. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 12 2009 7:30 PM

• Fred Jackson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 28 2006
    • UK England
    • Posts 207
    • Points 2,790

Avid Support request Snub

Just need some clarification please.

I posted a request  for help on the Avid Support Site and all I got was an Automated response and SNUB.

I just purchased an upgrade from Xpress Pro to Media Composer 3.5 just 1 month ago and the request I posted for help was only answered by an automated response which didnt provide the answewr and to boot they closed the question.

I think this is an extremely RUDE way to treat their customers. Can someone say what support customers are entitled to when purchasing these Avid products  .... it seems in my case NONE whatsoever.

If this is the way I get treated for supporting Avid then for future I will select a software provider who do engage with their loyal and returning supporters.

Very Disapointed

Fred

HP XW8400 Intel Xeon CPU 5150 @ 2.66 Ghz 2.93 Ghz, Memory = 3.0 GB Ram Media Composer 5.5.3.3 Graphics Card GeForce 1500 Hard Drives 1 x Seagate... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 12 2009 7:36 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Support request Snub

Fred:

Contact Customer Advocate Marianna Montague at marianna.montague@avid.com. She will help you find a solution.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, May 12 2009 8:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,202
    • Points 218,050
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Frederick0245

That is not the case..... and I for one would like to delve into this and determine who/what did this.  Unacceptable.

Coud you please email me (marianna.montague@avid.com) with the email address you sent your question too and/or the web location where you filled out the technical request.  This way I can determine who it was.

Could I be of assistance and help with your upgrade issue?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, May 13 2009 6:40 PM In reply to

• Fred Jackson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • UK England
    • Posts 207
    • Points 2,790

Hi Marianna I have sent you an E-Mail

Regards

Fred

HP XW8400 Intel Xeon CPU 5150 @ 2.66 Ghz 2.93 Ghz, Memory = 3.0 GB Ram Media Composer 5.5.3.3 Graphics Card GeForce 1500 Hard Drives 1 x Seagate... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 16 2009 7:07 PM In reply to

• Fred Jackson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • UK England
    • Posts 207
    • Points 2,790

Hi Marianna, any news yet ?

• Mon, May 18 2009 2:49 PM In reply to

Media Composer software comes with 1 Service Access Code for 1 support incident which you get when you register.

When you register the product (or upgrade) you will get an email letter confirmation of your registration, and it includes a 1 time service access code for a support incident with the local telephone number and your 1 time code.

Let me know if you got that email when you registered your upgrade. I can resend it, and I can help ensure you get your initial support. In general even without a service code, we will help install and get the software up and running.

Tony

Avid Customer Success

Please use the public user forums for technical assistance and advice. Please do not private message for product troubleshooting assistance. We do not... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:41 AM In reply to

• Fitvideo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 30 2010
    • Posts 3
    • Points 85

For the last five days I have been trying to get someone to respond to me ...

I have been using your products for years ... my User Name and password are not recognized ,  and will not allow me to log in , however if I try to re register it says I am already registered . Can you please sort this out ?

I am paul@fitvideo.co.uk and password Yoshihara

Your support section has to be the most frustrating, obtuse, obfuscating people to contact ever... ridiculously difficult to contact.

Now onto the real problem ... your software , namely Avid Media Composer, since upgrading to version 5  comes up with an error saying

You have reached the Maximum allowed Activations for this serial number

Allowed Seats For this serial number 1

Currently Activated Seats 1

Attempted Amounts 1

Now this only started after attempting to upgrade to your latest version 5.03.

Do you people not speak native English when you write these error codes? If not get someone who does ! I for years wrote error messages in Japanese , and they were far more salient than this!

From the pseudo English computer speak, I think your software thinks it has been installed on two machines.

I can guarantee you that having bought your overpriced unworkable software that it is only on one machine , as I could not possibly afford another computer! So the fault lies with your software, not me!

Oh! I have just noticed that the purchase date is in error... I bought it at exactly 5 AM  on Friday June the 25th 2010. I don't live in America, I live in the U.K! so I did not purchase it at 8.01 on June 24...

You people really have no understanding that Globalization does not work in respect to customer support. You have to deal with solutions locally. Fact

I managed to get through to a non native English speaker yesterday who said she could not sort the problem , (what ? why was she answering the phone then?) but she would contact her colleague who could. I of course to date still have  no reply.

Now, trying to phone again today, the Customer access service code you sent me does not work.

I am just about ready to take this boxed piece of software , place it on a bonfire in the garden , film it , then stick said footage on Youtube telling everyone to avoid you as possibly the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I am really that frustrated. I have never met such an over defensive,  uncontactable company having purchased such a ridiculously priced product.

I shall write off the 2500 GBP you think it is worth. 

Liquid was so much of a better product, yet you feltthe need to kill it off. Software needs to be intuitive out of the box , not as maddeningly frustrating as this.

regards

Paul Burns PhD, MCP, MSCE

• Tue, Sep 7 2010 12:38 PM In reply to

Paul:

Before you go and jump off the deep end over this, send an email to Avid Customer Advocate Marianna and she will help you get this sorted out. Be sure to include your System ID and Serial Number in that email. And provide her with as much details regarding times and names of Avid reps you spoke with, and she will track down that issue as well.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:11 PM In reply to

• evansmalley
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Kansas City, MO (USA)
    • Posts 500
    • Points 6,370

Dear Paul-

I was planning on ordering the upgrade to MC5 today- but there has been this deep, persistant dread of ANOTHER Avid upgrade nightmare.

One "incident" of support- what does that tell you about the company ethos?! Good thing ya just never ever see any weird, incomprehensible errors in the app!!!

I'm totally dreading doing business with Avid again.

Avid Media Composer 5.0.4, Windows7 Pro 64 bit sp1, i7-960 Intel processor, 8 gig DDR3 RAM, SSD 64gig boot drive, Samsung F3 1TB D drive, nVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:08 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Paul, you do not need an access code for activation. The call is free. IF you are in the states, the number is 1-800-800-AVID and choose Option #2 for free activation support.

Either that or you can email me directly with your system ID and I would be happy to sort this for you.

Todd Smelser

Avid Forums Moderator

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:11 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Also European Support:

+ 31 20 654 5530 or 0411 617 259 in Netherlands

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:10 PM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,255

Fitvideo:
    Software needs to be intuitive out of the box , not as maddeningly frustrating as this.

While I empathise and understad your frustration in this case.

I think one can make the Car or mobikeintuitive with auto transmission auto Clutch etc. But it will be hard to make the Boing 747 intuitive.

Your best bet to solve your problem are Marianna and Todd (Blkdog). They are allways eager to help out. I think you will be more then satisfied.

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:47 PM In reply to

• Fitvideo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 30 2010
    • Posts 3
    • Points 85

This is a message from Fitvideo to Fitvideo. Oh wait a minute, I'm not actually Fitvideo. I'm someone else who just used Fitvideo's user name and password to sign into his account because he posted that information in this forum. Dude, that's not too bright on your part (you actually have a PhD? Sheesh...). You might want to go change your password right away and then never post it again in a public forum. Uhhh, yeah...

P.S. - and add your system specs to your profile!

• Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:47 PM In reply to

I have the same experience with Avid support (if you can even call it support!).

I never got an email with a support code after registering.

I called Avid support twice to get a code. They said they would resend it but it never arrived.

Allthough all other messages (like advertisements!!!!) arrive without problems.

I wrote Marianna 2 mails and never got an answer.

I'm still waiting (a quarter year now) to get the bug (script view crash) fixed that stops my whole workflow.

That's how they treat you if you buy their products for 8 years now and throw money at them.

I'm just another totally frustrated MC user.

Regards

HPXW8600 - 3GHz Dual Quad Core - NVidia Quadro FX3700 - 6TB Video Disk (Raid5) - SSD System Disk 64GB - 8GB RAM - Analog Mojo on separate HP FW Card -... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:15 PM In reply to

Fitvideo:
    I am just about ready to take this boxed piece of software , place it on a bonfire in the garden , film it , then stick said footage on Youtube
    Dont burn it I will offer you 200 Euros for it.  And if you really want to see it on youtube I will film me making money with it and telling people what a great deal I got becase the original owner did not like it.  Huh?

PS My definition of frustrating service was Avid 10+ years ago (IF you were outside the US)  Price was 50x what you paid for MC. Even with the compulsory annual support contract (which cost more than MC does today) no phone contact permitted with Avid USA, no email and no internet, no choice of hardware (If you were lucky you may have been able to get away with non Avid Harddrives) No bundled third party software.

In the past 6 or 7 years I have never waited more than 24 hours for a direct response from someone at Avid!!! They have come a very long way to where they are now better by far than Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, HP to name a few I try and deal with.

Fitvideo:

Software needs to be intuitive out of the box , not as maddeningly frustrating as this.

regards

Strangely when I first brought Avid it was the most intuiative of all the NLE's available at the time. A how can I do it attitude rather than it is not how I used to do it attitude might go a long way.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller