Latest post Wed, May 23 2012 6:08 PM by AvidHammer. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 5 2009 11:05 AM

• Remi MC 3.5
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 28 2009
    • Holland
    • Posts 33
    • Points 365

ERROR: System id does not exist or has no active status

Just got this error this morning trying to activate my software. Called Avid and they say the Avid server is down. So for all of you who are trying to activate the software and can't get it done. The problem is the server in the U.S.

I wish I had a dongle...

Media Composer 3.5, Quicktime pro 7.6, Macpro 2x2.26GHz Quad core Intel Xeon, 6 GB Ram, 2 NvidiaGeforce GT 120, Two 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/, 2 Led... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 6 2009 3:37 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,607
    • Points 223,200
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: ERROR: System id does not exist or has no active status

Remi,

It was fixed in like 30 min.  Have you tried to contact them again?

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, May 6 2009 5:12 PM In reply to

• Remi MC 3.5
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 28 2009
    • Holland
    • Posts 33
    • Points 365

Thanks for the reply Marianna. It wasnt fixed in 30 minutes, but it is not a problem anymore. I thought for when this will happen in the future, people will know what the problem is. That's why I put it on the forum. Next time I won't have the 14 day trail as a backup though...

Media Composer 3.5, Quicktime pro 7.6, Macpro 2x2.26GHz Quad core Intel Xeon, 6 GB Ram, 2 NvidiaGeforce GT 120, Two 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/, 2 Led... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 6 2009 6:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,607
    • Points 223,200
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Stand corrected.... I just pushed back and was told it was 6 hours.  3:00am to 9:00am ET.  Apologies...

Thanks for posting though...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, May 18 2012 6:01 PM In reply to

• AvidHammer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 13 2006
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 170
    • Points 1,925

Hi Marianna,

Same error, seems to be for a different reason though.  

It seems that the new dongles that ship blank (that the client now has to blast themselves) have this same problem when trying to apply additional software to the system (scriptsync, in my case).  I register the dongle, go to "upgrade" and enter the software system ID and serial number, then receive my updater file.

Blast that file onto the dongle.  

But now it seems that dongle is not recognized in Avid's database for ScriptSync.  When I punch in the system ID into Avid License Control (it requires the 9-digit Dongle system ID), and then enter my SS code, clicking "Activate" will give me that error.  

I suspect (although I may be wrong) that the Avid database is registering software Sys ID and serial numbers, and the Avid License Control is reqiring the Dongle Sys ID.  Then when you try to activate over the internet, you get the error "System ID (***) does not exist or has no active status" because the Dongle ID I entered does not match the Software ID that is registered in Avid's database.  

I have a case submitted regarding this, but I don't get the impression they're understanding exactly what is happening.  It's almost like we're speaking two different languages.  

Do you have any insight you could provide?  

Thanks,

~Hammer

• Mon, May 21 2012 5:56 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,607
    • Points 223,200
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey Hammer

Culd you send me an email with your system ID and dongle ID and this thread URL.  I will get you an updater with the option.  looking into why this isnt working as well but dont want you to have to wait while I do that.

Marianna 

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, May 23 2012 6:08 PM In reply to

• AvidHammer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 13 2006
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 170
    • Points 1,925

Thanks so much, Marianna.  

I'm sending the email now.  Just to paper-trail it, I was able to get it resolved through phone support:  I'm not sure what they did, but the Avid rep came back with "try it again now, it should work".  Almost like he updated the database to include the Dongle ID, so that when Avid License Control tried to phone home it would see the right info.  

Thanks;  I've sent my info to you, though, in case you can investigate the problem more.  It has happened to us much more than just this one particular event.  

~Hammer

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller