Latest post Thu, Apr 16 2009 11:56 PM by danr_moscow. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 16 2009 11:56 PM

The best way for downconvert HD-->SD

Hello everybody! Recently we have bought Nitris DX, it's great, but I have a problem with downconverting hd material to sd. All is works, but the sharpness is falling on sd tv screen. I can't understand why. What's the best way for downconverting hd material (shot on sony cinealta) to sd (digital betacam).

1. In Hd sequence turn on downconvert in video output tool, (using letterbox), SD-SDI out in Nitris. Result: not very good sharpness (when I apply "anamorphic" or "center" options, sharpness is great, but we need letterbox to see full frame).

The most I don't understand: using component or s-video signal during downconvert gets better result then using SD-SDI signal. Sharpness is really better, and maybe it's the best what can be, I just want to be sure, that there is no anything else... But why the sharpness on sd-sdi signal lower then component and s-video ones?

2. Open hd sequence in sd project with 16:9 Reformat effect - the worst result - very blured picture.

3. Downconvert using soft (MC) QT 1920x1080 --> QT 720x576 and then apllying Reformat 16:9. Good result, but I think when you have nitris dx you must get better result with it instead of just using soft..

How do you do downconvert and do you have those problems with falling sharpness on sd tv screen? Of course the quality must falls: sd is not hd :) but maybe I do anything wrong?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller