Latest post Mon, Nov 13 2017 2:54 PM by Miguel Cunha. 36 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 22 2009 3:56 AM In reply to

• curiosity
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boulder, CO
    • Posts 828
    • Points 10,475

Re: handwriting title effect

I may be tto late to help with this, but: Marquee has this as a built-in effect. Just make your title and then apply "Type-on" and your're done. You don't even have to leave MC to do that.

i7-5820(x99), 64GB, Win 8.1, GTX 1080ti [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 22 2009 3:58 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,313
    • Points 96,100

Ra-ey Saleh:
    Seriously, tried to delete that rubbish, but can't.

If you edit your post and pop up the HTML view you will be able to get at that stuff.  What you'll find after your signature (<p>Ra-ey Saleh</p>) is some blank lines, then the word Normal, 0, some more blank lines and a heap of HTML code.  Delete everything after your signature block and press the update key.

Using that technique I got this

Ra-ey Saleh:

Great Douglas.  I didn't know that if you select all your Strokes and applied the Path animation it did them one after the other.  This is a massive time-saver and therefore beats the Paint Effect way.

Campbell, happy to post the Photoshop way when I get a second, but might take me a week or do - flat out at work and needs a little finessing.  Email me and I'll send you what I have now.

It stirkes me that essentially Douglas last tutorial is the best way if you have AvidFX, hands down.

The annoying thing is that each way is basically the same, it's the "engine" that is different.  If only you could specify a Path's "hardness" in Paint Effect - in other words, how the Avid interprets the gradient from Black to White, with a soft edge or hard.  Obviously, for handwriting you'd want a harder edge.

i.e. In Paint Effect (as I described earlier), if you then made the first kefriame White and the last Black, this would "fade" over the duration.  Unfortuantly, this gives the impression of the text just fading all up at the same time.

It would be great if you could tell it to interpret the Gradient more harshly...

Me thinks this should be a Feature Request!  Will do it now...

In the meantime, as I'm no AvidFX wiz, I was wondering if it was possible to take your Strokes then apply a library effect to it, i.e. one from the 'Gradient Wipe Transition' tab, 'Geometric Gradient Transitions' called "Brushstroke.without". Wouldn't this have the animation already, but then allow you to pick various "engines", i.e. soft edge or hard?

Ra-ey

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 22 2009 4:08 AM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,836
    • Points 85,770

curiosity:

I may be tto late to help with this, but: Marquee has this as a built-in effect. Just make your title and then apply "Type-on" and your're done. You don't even have to leave MC to do that.

Christopher,

I may be wrong here, as I didn't look at Marquee's "Type-on" effect, but I guess that it will make each letter appear individually - as with typing.
    Nik wanted the handwritten style font to "flow" on to the screen, as in actual penmanship.

But thanks for coming in with suggestions. That is what makes the Avid community a real live community! Yes

Regards,
    Douglas

System 1:Edius Workgroup 8, AMC 6.5.4.5, - Windows [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 22 2009 6:21 AM In reply to

• curiosity
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Boulder, CO
    • Posts 828
    • Points 10,475

drbgaijin:
    I may be wrong here, as I didn't look at Marquee's "Type-on" effect, but I guess that it will make each letter appear individually - as with typing.

Nik wanted the handwritten style font to "flow" on to the screen, as in actual penmanship.

Yes, you are correct as far as the "canned" effect goes, but you can adjust how each character appears and can modify the effect to "flow" on each letter (with the option to either "Wipe" or "Trace" each letter). I haven't done it in a LONG time but if memory serves it only took about 15 minutes to modify "Type-On" to be a "Flow-On" effect, and then a little more diddling around to get the "trace" to work.

i7-5820(x99), 64GB, Win 8.1, GTX 1080ti [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 22 2009 6:25 AM In reply to

• drbgaijin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Kumamoto, Japan
    • Posts 6,836
    • Points 85,770

Thanks for the further information Christopher,

I am sure others will also be interested in taking a look at that possibility too.

Regards,
    Douglas

System 1:Edius Workgroup 8, AMC 6.5.4.5, - Windows [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 22 2009 9:00 PM In reply to

• Nik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • New York
    • Posts 287
    • Points 3,630

Wow-this has turned out to be some thread! I'm so glad it has inspired such creativity (and also helped to pass people's time :)   I am working on everyone's suggestions, playing and getting the hang of things. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated. Love this forum!!

Media Composer 2.8 MacBook Pro 17 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) [view my complete system specs]

"A Good Editor Never Sleeps"

• Mon, Nov 13 2017 2:54 PM In reply to

• Miguel Cunha
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 1 2012
    • Braga, Portugal
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

Incredible Ra-ey!

I've been looking for this solutionIdea for years... It's sooo simple, I feel stupid not having it figured ou myself.Embarrassed

Thank you so much for this post.Yes

Miguel

Miguel Cunha

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller