Latest post Thu, Oct 20 2005 5:59 PM by AK-Jake. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 19 2005 5:45 PM

• Core
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

top/tail edit

I mark a clip and press than in or out point followed by extract, that has the same result with a lot more click's if you are using it a lot like me.

Core

• Wed, Oct 19 2005 7:01 PM In reply to

Re: top/tail edit

Huh?

i don't klnow what it is you're positng here...

but i park over the clip, hit the T (MARK CLIP) key and then the X (EXTRACT) key.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Wed, Oct 19 2005 9:41 PM In reply to

top/tail edit means that if you are somewhere in the middle of a clip and want to extract the beginning or the end of the clip, then there is a button for this. Now there is not(in xp pro), so you mark the clip (T), put another in/out at the cursor position and press X. That's what Core tried to tell, I guess.
    HP Z420 MC 2018.12.3/2018.18.2/7.0.4 MINT server-client network [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 19 2005 10:53 PM In reply to

• Core
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

that's correct instead of marking an in and out point you mark a clip and mark a out (tail edit) or in point (top edit).

Core

• Wed, Oct 19 2005 11:13 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

it's not extend edit right?

Menno

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Thu, Oct 20 2005 12:26 AM In reply to

• cmaeditor
    • Not Ranked
    • Hollywood, CA
    • Posts 139
    • Points 1,690

Sounds like three point editing to me and is a feature that Avid already has. You can make any three marks in any combination of Source window and timeline and can make an edit.

Example 1

MARK IN and MARK OUT on timeline and MARK IN in your Source window then making an OVERWRITE edit will line up the both the MARK INs in your Edit. Using a MARK OUT in the source window will line up the MARK OUTS.

Example 2

MARK IN and MARK OUT in Source window and a MARK IN on the timeline and then making an OVERWRITE edit will line up the MARK INs in the EDIT. Using a MARK OUT on the Timeline will line up the MARK OUTS as well.

Mid 2015 15" Macbook Pro 16GB Ram AMD Radeon R9 M370X [view my complete system specs]

CMA

• Thu, Oct 20 2005 3:17 PM In reply to

No, Baklap, and no, cmaeditor. This is a feature that exist in MCs for a long time. It does not use the source window, and it does not make a trim (like extend do). If you want to cut off the tail of a clip (or the beginning), you can do it with one click/button instead of three. I don't think I can explain the method better than I tried before, so please someone who knows it, and has a better english...
    HP Z420 MC 2018.12.3/2018.18.2/7.0.4 MINT server-client network [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 20 2005 4:17 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

je comprande... i understand.. nothing wrong with your english (said by a dutch guy)

Menno

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Thu, Oct 20 2005 5:59 PM In reply to

• AK-Jake
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Anchorage, AK
    • Posts 2,576
    • Points 32,130

xeri wrote:
    This is a feature that exist in MCs for a long time.

Xeri's right, this is a specific, older feature that was available from Xpress Meridien all the way up to Symphony.  It had designated "Top" and "Tail" edit buttons and just saved you from having to make multiple button pushes.  It was a nice feature.  If Avid gave us the full-MCA interface, we'd have it too (if I remember correctly, I could swear it's still in MCA).

Avid Symphony Nitris 3.x (DNA), HP xw8400, 3TB Avid Media-Array; Avid Xpress Studio HD Complete 5.1.3, HP xw8000, dual-3.06 ghz Xeon's; 2 GB of RAM;... [view my complete system specs]

When 900 years old YOU reach, look as good, YOU'LL not!!  Hmmm?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller